14 Bonfire

(Hannah's P.O.V) (unedited)

Alison and I pull into the parking lot. It's around 11:30pm now so all I can see is the cast of teenagers shadows who're surrounding the fire, and the pitch black night sky.

"Do you think Tristan's here?" I ask Alison eagerly as I look out of my window for him.

"Calm down tiger. We just got here." She breathes out a laugh. "He's probably with his friends. No rush." I look back at her and see her smiling at me.

"What?" I feel a smile rise onto my cheeks.

"I knew there was something going on between you two. I called it." She sung, then opened her car mirror to fix her lipstick.

"Shut up." I laughed, shaking my head. "I don't even know what we are yet. We've only kissed like twice." I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear before looking back out of the window.

"You're in love with him." She stared at me with a giant smile. "Hannah come on!" She shook my shoulders, making me look back at her. "You're totally in love with him!"

"Shut up! Let's just get out of this car before you drive me insane!" I laugh, forcefully opening and closing my door.

We then both walk towards the fire, the bass of music slowly consuming my ears as we get closer. I decided against wearing that dress and instead just wore a white, Red Dragon hoodie with black leggings. It's not like I want to impress anyone anyway.

Alison begins greeting a few people who I don't recognize. I introduce myself politely, although I feel my nerves kicking in, I just try to ignore it, and instead enjoy my surroundings.

A group of laughter makes its way closer to us, and in the corner of my eye I spot him. Okay if it wasn't before, my heart beat is definitely trying to eat itself out of me now.

I quickly look back to Alison and in almost what feels like half a second, I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist, tugging me away from Alison.

A smile rises onto my face and I turn around. "I missed you." He spoke, then pulled me in closer. Engulfing me in a hug. "Tristan Andrews. Missing someone? Is that really you in there?" I pull myself away slightly. Grabbing his face in my hands and he shoots me a big toothy grin.

"Shut up." He rolls his eyes, before they reattach onto mine. "Come here." He nods his head towards the group of people he was with before, "I want you to meet someone." He lets me go then takes my hand, tugging me towards them.

He first introduces me to a guy who's about the same height as me, "Foster, this is Hannah. Hannah, this is Foster, one of my best friends." He smiles down at me as I shake Fosters hand.

"So you're the girl Tristan can't shut the hell up about." He eyes Tristan for a second then speaks again, focusing onto me. "It's nice to finally meet you." He smiles charmingly.

He told me about how him and Tristan met when they were just kids. From when Tristan's dad and Alison's mom were still together. And they've been best friends since.

"Foster, dude come check this out!" Another guy yells for him and we all shoot our heads in his direction. "Sorry about Adam. I guess I'll see you later, Hannah." He starts to walk away while mouthing me something that looks like 'He's crazy about you' while pointing to Tristan.

"Don't. Listen to him." I turn my head and see Tristan's face, alarmingly close to mine as he whispered.

I deeply inhale as my eyes latch onto his, I watch his pupils dilate as his eyes bore into mine. "Hannah, I-"