Chapter 3

Hope:

Before she could walk towards the plane Rick got the squad's attention "Behold the voice of God" Rick said as he held up a tablet. Amanda's face popped up on the screen, and I scoffed. "For those who don't know me officially, my name is Amanda Waller" she introduced.

"There is an active terrorist attack event in Midway Cory. I want you to enter the city, rescue HTV-1, and get them to safety" Amanda informed the crew and Floyd raised a hand. "For those who don't speak good guy, who us HTV-1?" he questioned.

"The only person that matters in the city, the only person you can't kill" she answers "Complete the mission, you get time off your sentence. Fail the mission, you die. If anything happens to Colonel Flag, I'll kill every single one of you" she threatens.

"Remember I watch everything, I see everything" she informs as the screen went black. "There's your pep talk" Rick says, mainly to Floyd. Floyd shrugs "Compared to your shit, she killed it" he tells Rick.

"So that's it? What are we? Some type of suicide squad" Floyd questions and Rick nods brushing past him "I'll notify you of your next kin" he says and I roll my eyes at him. I skipped to the plane sipping on the blood bag Flag gave me, throwing it to the ground before I got on. I sat between Harley and Floyd, the plane was about to take off when a woman jumped on.

She had a white mask with a red dot on it, she had a Katana too "You're late" Rick says and glared at the women,'what's up his ass?' I thought. She then said something but I couldn't really pick it up, I could have if I wanted to though.

"This is Katana. She's got my back. She could cut you all in half with one sword stroke, just like mowin' the lawn. I'd advised not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the soul of its victims." Rick said and she said something in her native tongue, and put a hand on her sword.

Harley piped up "Harley Quinn, nice to meetcha. I love your perfume! What is that? The stench of death?" she asked and I snickered. Katana then said something in her native tongue and Rick shook his head "Whoa, take it easy there cowgirl. This ain't that kind of mission" he informed her.

Harley turned to Floyd and I. "She seems nice." Harley said and I laughed "Yeah real nice" she said sarcastically. Harley did something on her phone and then looked out the window "Ooh! Look at all the pretty lights! Are you guys seein' this?" Harley questioned.

"What happened?" questioned Floyd "Terrorist attacks. Bombs, bad guys shootin' stuff up with AK's you know, the usual shit" Rick said, looking out the window. "You're a bad liar" Floyd said and I piped in "A real bad one at that."

"I don't know if they told you this but I'm a hit man. I'm not a fighter, I don't save people" Floyd continued. "Anything for a dollar right?" Rick questions Floyd, Floyd chuckled it off "You have dark places too, don't act like you don't" Floyd remarked.

"I'm a soldier! And you're a serial killer who accepts credit cards. When the shooting starts, and it will, you'll cut and run" Rick said, like it was a guarantee but I had faith in my friend. Suddenly, the plane started to fall.

"Shit!" I cursed, slapping my hand onto the the plane, I absorbed the magic, and cast a dark force field around myself. The plane hit the ground and we all jumped out of the plane. I let the spell drop and shook my limbs out. "Assets are undamaged" Rick said into his ear piece. "What a ride" Harley states walking out of the plane.

They were walking until I heard a grunt and I turned around, she saw Digger on the wall Katana had her sword to his neck, while Slipknot shot a grapple hook at the wall and began to slide up, and he was going pretty steady.

But I knew he wasn't going to make it far. The SEALS pointed their guns at him, "Hold your fire!" Rick demands, using his wristwatch, he clicked Slipknots profile and his head exploded. I slightly gaped, as she saw the blood.

"Now that's a killer app!" Harley exclaimed, I was looking at the body and turned around walking away, shaking my head. He was such an idiot. Why would he listen to Boomerang, we all know he has a few screws loose.

By the time the group caught up with me, I missed half the conversation but picked up 'Spread the word' I rolled my eyes, and slowed her steps down. "Amanda we got hostiles up ahead" I heard Rick whisper and my eyes narrowed, as I glared around, my hand creeping to my thigh, prepared to fight if needed.

~

~EDITED~