CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE: BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS

Even in my new suit of amour, Clint recognized me instantly

Even in my new suit of amour, Clint recognized me instantly. I followed Tony's order, and him, up in the air and we shot down at both Clint and Scarlet Witch. I made sure to send my blasts of fire around them and not get too close, in fear of hurting either of them. At least, with Clint, Tony handled firing all his warning shots at Scarlet Witch.

We cut off their path, to where we had landed the Quinjet, I realized that was their way out of here, and to keep that in mind; we couldn't and wouldn't let them get to it. I hovered beside Tony, who rose his hand to Scarlet Witch.

"Wanda, I think you hurt Vision's feelings."

Scarlet Witch glared at Tony, her lip twitching as she practically growled, "you locked me in my room." I wasn't expecting an accent from her, I thought she was American, considering my first guess was that she was Captain America's daughter.

"You locked her in her room!?" I hissed beside Tony, shocked. I could practically see him roll his eyes as he ignored my question.

"First of all, that's an exaggeration. Second, I did it for your own good," he told her very matter-of-factly and as if he wasn't talking about the fact that he was treating an adult like a child.

She scoffed, tilting her head in disbelief and a twinge of pain.

"Hey kiddo." Clint greeted me, I grinned at the nickname and sent a small wave in his direction, "you look great in the new suit, Stark whip you something up?"

I nodded before I sent him a small nonchalant shrug, "yeah, it's alright, I guess. I can fly."

"You guess?" Tony sighed with disappointment in my response, then looked at Clint, "Barton, you know, your daughter's got no sense of appreciation, I wonder where she gets it from."

"I forgot to send a thank you card after my wedding, get over it," he shook his head and momentarily lowered his bow from his ready stance, "and plus, Laura doesn't even like piano, let alone play, doesn't really make sense why we'd need a whole piano, huh?"

Tony paused, letting out a quick angry breath before nodding towards Clint, and doing his best in changing the subject. "Retirement didn't suit you well, got tired of shooting golf?"

"I played eighteen, shot eighteen, just can't seem to miss," he humbled to himself and rolled back his shoulders, clutching his bow between his fingers. "Plus, I've got a kid to raise."

Right after his words he took me by surprise, I only got a quick moment to let his words set in before he rose his bow and shot an arrow right for Tony. I rose my palm and shot out a fiery blast, sending the shot into a fiery smoke of ash.