END CREDIT SCENE

Very long: Two words to describe traffic. Very long, and quite uneventful, if I had to use five words.

Tony's voice made me look away from the window, I watched him tap Peter's phone, which he had been hiding horribly underneath his leg.

"What're doing, a little video diary?" He asked Peter who's cheeks instantly flushed with red seeing that he'd been caught red handed.

"Uh..," he mumbled from between the two of us, unsure of what to say.

I glanced down at his phone with the red blinking light, my eyebrow arched, "you're still doing that?"

"It's so I won't forget this amazing trip!" He hissed with clarification under his breath to me. Happy spoke at the same time Peter was speaking to me.

"It's okay," Tony allowed, taking his sunglasses off, "actually, we should make an alibi video for your Aunt May. Come on, Lila, get in the frame." He tugged me towards him and I leaned back and stared at the camera. Our reflection showed me looking genuinely confused and annoyed, Peter on the brink of slipping up and telling the truth, and Tony playing it cool.

"Hey May," Tony said to the camera, "what are you wearing? Something skimpy I hope."

Both Peter and I turned to him with our own personal looks of disgust.

"Stop." I tried to put an end to his bad humor while Peter looked absolutely mortified.

Tony dropped his head in a full laugh that almost made me join him, Peter cracked a smile, "that inappropriate, let's start again, we can edit it. And smile Lila, actually don't - you just got out of jail." He started to fall into a fit of laughs all over again while Peter stopped the recording.

I glared at Tony, "what am I supposed to do, smile?"

"Yeah," Peter suggested, "then we can add on to yours."

"You're making one for Clint?" Tony asked and before I could answer he continued, "we're definitely filming yours next. Okay, Pete, ready? Three, two, Lila smile, one. Hey May!"

Tony started off a little too aggressive, gaining an awkward look from both Peter and I, my smile was wholesome as I shook my head and held back a smile, "Hey May!" I mimicked Tony's enthusiasm, causing both Peter and I to laugh.

"Anywho," Tony started up again, "uh, wanted to tell you what an incredible job your nephew did, this weekend, at the Stark, Internship, retreat." I could've sworn Tony was a better liar than this, "you wanna say how great he did, Lila?" He put me on the spot, so I smiled and lied.

"I did better," I spoke offthe top of my head, then glanced at Peter's reflection in the screen, "but he did better than anyone else. He even held his own when Captain Am"-

At the perfect moment, Happy honked his horn, cutting me off and yelled at the other people in traffic, as if they could hear him. Tony started to rile Happy up about something to do with management, and at some point after that Peter's camera was passed to Tony and was eventually passed to me.

I scooted away from the two when the car stopped in front of Peter's apartment, "Happy and Lila, mind giving me a few moments with the kid?"

"Say no more," I mumbled, practically kicking the door open.

I didn't need to be told twice, unlike Happy, who left the car with a bitter taste in his mouth. I shut the door and leaned against the front of car, away from Happy where I could have a bit of privacy, and started a new video on Peter's phone.

I held it arm's length in front of me and hit the red button, I started off with a simple, "hey Peter, don't put this in your stupid movie or blog thing." My eyes shifted from my reflection's eyes to the camera, until I was left staring at the small camera at the top of his phone, "listen to this when I'm not with you, and there aren't any witnesses because if you ever show this to a living soul I'll track you down and break your thumbs." I let my threat resonate well with him before shifting my hand placement on his camera and speaking clearly. "You, Peter Parker, are the sweetest human being I've ever met. I'm thankful we're friends because I can tell you have a lot to teach me about being a teenager. I don't know how to live like a teenager and I recently just found out what camping is - which reminds me, I'm going to be gone for the next week and a half in the middle of the woods and I expect you to contact me every day. But that's besides the point, I don't really know how to put in words the way I feel about you. I just know that I can't wait to keep being your friend. So I guess this is my thank you. Thank you, Peter, from The Youngest Avenger, Lila Barton." There was a weird pause as I looked at the camera and smiled, then dropped the grin and sighed. "Okay, that's it." I lowered the phone and hit the red button right in time for Happy to ruin the moment and tap on Peter's window loudly.

"You're gonna take it?" He yelled, then nodded with a sigh of relief, "thank you."

Peter got out of the car shortly after, with a weird look on his face. He turned to me and grinned, "I can at least get a hug from you, right, Li?" He clarified with open arms. I stuck my hand out, shoving his phone in his chest.

"We're not there yet." I promised him and he rolled his eyes, slipping his phone in his back pocket. I pursed my lips and sighed, after watching his face fall in failure. "Fine, get over here," I groaned, wrapping my arms around him.

He chuckled and took the opportunity to wrap his arms over my shoulders, while mine snuck under his. The feeling was weird. It wasn't like hugging Laura, which came with a sense of missing. And it wasn't like Tony, which offered a strong sense of protection. This, hugging Peter was a bit of both, and although the hug wasn't perfect I could feel a sense of a new feeling creeping in. A warm, giddy, almost ticklish feeling erupted in the pit of my stomach.

I hadn't realized I was blushing until I pushed him away and stuck out my hand for him to shake, "bye, Peter."

He eyed my hand, then rose his eyes to mine. For some reason there was sadness in his eyes. He didn't shake my hand. "See ya later, Li."

I pulled the door open, and just as Happy cranked up the car Peter knocked on the window, "wait, when are we gonna see each other again?"

"Soon," I answered, and to try and rid the sad look in his eye I quickly added, "hopefully."

We drove off, leaving Peter standing on the sidewalk right outside his apartment.

And it wasn't until I was packed up for my camping trip a day later that I got a message from Peter. He had sent me the video I had taken on his phone, and sent me a response.

Peter Parker: You're welcome :)

Then, a few seconds after, before I could even think of replying:

Peter Parker: Wait. YOU'RE AN AVENGER?!

Lila Barton will return.