Finding a Lost Soul [Chapter 15]

Fifteen:

Ryan grabbed my mask and put it on me before we left the room. I pushed past what had happened weeks ago to live the moment. He had his arm around my waist as we walked toward the bar. I still felt so comfortable with him holding me. There was just something about him that was irresistible. I wasn't sure if it was the way he cared about me or just who he was.

"Oh Kay," He said stopping and facing me. I looked at him and smiled. He smiled and he looked like he lost his train of thought. "I love your smile. Uh what I was going to say was; are we still having the same anniversary?" he asked.

"Yeah and can we forget everything that happened when I was gone?" I added.

"I would like that a lot. I think it's funny that we met on your birthday because our five months land on mine," he chuckled and I nodded until I thought about what today's date was.

"Your birthday is Monday Ryan. That's only three days away," I gasp and he smiles.

"And you already gave me the best birthday present," he purred before leaning to me and kissing me. "I'm going to Las Vegas Sunday night and staying till Tuesday," he softly said against my lips. He quickly kissed me then wrapped his arm back around my waist so we could walk to the bar.

"Where are you staying?" I ask.

"We are staying at the Hard Rock hotel," he said and looked at me smiling.

"We?" I mumble.

"You and I," he chuckled. "Alex, Jon, Andy and both Nicks are too. I was going to share a room with Jon and Andy but I guess I can make it so we can a room to ourselves. I don't think Alex will really complain with switching with me," Ryan explains to me and we stop at the bar.

I look at him not really sure at how I should feel. "Are you sure you want me to go with you and the guys to Las Vegas?" I ask and he smiles.

"I just want to be with you. And we have three rooms booked. Alex wanted his own but once I say that I want you to come he won't complain about switching," Ryan sounded so happy we all this.

"You'd have more fun without me. It's sin city. Why would you want to go with your girlfriend," I comment and I heard laughter but it wasn't coming from Ryan.

"So I see a slap in the face doesn't stop you to from dating," I knew that lisping voice anywhere. I turned around to see Perez smiling at me.

"Ryan didn't slap me, he didn't touch me at all," I say. I didn't care if I was lying to Perez. I didn't want people to think Ryan was abusive.

"He didn't touch you? Then what's that red bruise forming on your neck?" he laughed then walked away. I looked at Ryan ready to run after Perez and tackle him to the ground. I hated him so much and today was the first day I had met him.

"I'm sorry Kay. I left a, well I left a hicky on your neck," Ryan blushed and I placed my hand on my neck where I knew he bit. I didn't notice till now that it stung a little. I sigh and look to my side and a bartender smiles at me.

"Pina Colada and a mint mojito," I say and he smiles nodding. I look back at Ryan and sit down on a bar stool. "In Las Vegas you are going to get drunk and party like there is no tomorrow. You are probably going to gamble if Jon lets you and well you will probably get some strippers," I say softly and Ryan stares into my eyes.

"I want you to be there so I don't get drunk and so I won't cheat on you," he whispers and I take his hand.

"If you cheat on me with a stripper I wouldn't care. I would know it meant nothing. And fuck, if I went to Las Vegas I would get wasted out of my mind. I don't really drink but being there would let out the inner partier," I say making myself laugh softly.

"Please come with me. I promise I will show you the time of your life if you let me," Ryan said and then picked up his drink that the bartender placed in front of us. I picked up mine and then hit it against his. He smirked and took a sip.