Ava?

Previously... 

"LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID TO ME, YOU BASTARD"
"What are you talking about, you think I want to do this, leave for three years? I never wanted to do that. I loved you. I still do, I always will. "
"Why else would you leave our son? Because you care?"

Out of nowhere, her eyes rolled back in her head, and she fell with a thud. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logan's P.O.V.

"Ava? Please, Ava, open your eyes... Please don't leave me now." 

I was saying all these things in the good faith that my beautiful mate would wake up. 

How could this happen? What have I done to allow this to happen? And to think that I made Ava think that I abandoned her all those years ago, I was doing what I thought was best for our son and her. I didn't want to hurt him or to ever see that side of me when he got older. 

All of a sudden, I heard a rustle in the bushes and I instinctively let a low growl escape my lips. A figure emerged from the bushes and I saw Clara, Ava's best friend holding a little bundle and I immediately knew that that was my son. 

"What are you doing here?" asked Clara, her disdain hitting me like an arrow in the chest. 

"I just wanted to see my son and say that I was sorry for leaving her all those years ago AND that I am sorry for killing her father," I said with grave sorrow. 

Clara arched an eyebrow in speculation, obviously not believing my story. It wasn't until then that she saw Ava sprawled across the ground, scruffed up from our brawl. She motioned to me telling me that she would be back and we could talk about this then. She turned and ran. A few minutes later, she came back empty-handed, and I realized that she went to go put my son down. 

"What happened to her?!?!" she asked her eyes turning a deep dark red color. 

I got up from my position of kneeling and said, "Woah, Clara, calm down and hear me out, please?" 

She nodded and said, "You have two minutes to explain yourself"

So I told her everything; the story about me killing her father, being banished, her finding me and telling me that she was pregnant, and then the spirit take over. As I was telling her this, her expression changed from a person that was like really pissed off, to a person that actually looked like she wanted to actually murder me.

"WHAT YOU KILLED HER FATHER, THE ALPHA?" she screamed in my face.

I scowled. "She didn't tell you?"

"She told me that her dad died, but she didn't say how!" said Clara. Her eyes started to flicker between specs of red and pure light blue. I don't know if she was feeling bad for me or if she was purely pissed at me.

"Ok, now don't think that I feel bad for you. But in a way I pity you." As she said this she looked back at Ava.

"What do you think we should do?" I asked as she started to walk toward Ava.

"Well, you're lucky that I found you and not the Alpha. I am learning to heal people from the tribe healer so I know the basics. Follow me, " she said handing me Ava.

"But won't people raise questions when they notice me?" I asked with a solemn look on my face.

"That's true," said Clara. "Wait here I'll be back, " she said after a moment of pondering.

And then she took off. But within a couple minutes, she came back with herbs for the cuts and bruises on her face and paws (she is still a wolf), and some water and food to replenish her strength. 

"What are you going to do?" I asked, concerned that she was going to hurt her even further.

I'm just going to heal her cuts and bruises and give her something to replenish the strength that she lost fighting you. Speaking of which, you should get lost... just in case someone finds me. I will summon you with a mind link when the coast is clear."

I nodded my head in understanding and took off. I thought to myself "Why did this happen to her, why did I leave her, and why did I hurt her the way I did?"  I couldn't bear to think that she wouldn't take me back. Hell, I wouldn't take me back if I knew my mate did that. 

Then I felt a tug in my head, "Hey she's up and walking a little confused on what exactly happened, but I think she's willing to talk" she answered with a tone of wariness in her voice.

'Good' I thought, 'she is up and at least willing to talk, that's a start right?' I made my way over to her and I could instantly tell why I loved her when I first met her. Even with the scars and bruises, she was gorgeous. Now looking at her from this angle, she was beautiful. She was talking to Clara and surveying her area at the same time.

Her eyes said it all when she saw me; she narrowed her eyes and let out a small snarl and said, "Get away from me, I don't want you near my son"

"Woah, hear him out, Ava, maybe he wants to say something--" warned Clara, but she was interrupted by Ava screaming.

"I don't want to hear what he has to say, he left me and I don't want his apology!" And she turned around but I caught her wrist

"Please Ava, please hear me out for five minutes... that's all I'm asking," I pleaded.