Chapter 1

"Laurens?"

John looked up as he got out of his dad's car. A wide grin broke out onto his face.

"Laf!" he cried out. His old friend, Lafayette, came running toward him. He picked John up in a hug and spun him around.

"It's been too long!" John said, smiling up at him. "I'm so glad it's finally summer!"

"Me too!" Laf said, laughing. "Hey, Herc's getting signed in. Wanna go see him?"

"Do I ever!"

John and Laf walked up quietly to the registration table.

"HERC!" John yelled in his ear. Herc must've jumped about five feet in the air.

"John! Don't DO that!" he scolded, collapsing to the ground with John's hug. Herc laughed and pulled John off him.

"It's so great to see you!" John said, grinning. "Is Alex here yet?"

Laf rolled his eyes. "No, you have to wait to see your boyfriend." He and Herc laughed and John sighed.

"Alright, let me finish signing in," Herc said. John got in line behind him.

Herc took his camp shirt for the year and moved aside. John moved up.

"Hello! I'm Jackson. What's your name?"

"John Laurens," he responded.

"Laurens...oh, here it is!" Jackson picked up a packet with his name on it. "Here's your information packet. Is this your first year?"

John shook his head.

"Alright, then I don't have much to explain to you." He looked down at John's folder. "Looks like this'll be your first year as a senior. The Welcoming Ceremony is at 11, so you've got an hour an a half to unpack. You can bring any questions to me!"

John took his packet and smiled, thanking Jackson. John, Herc, and Laf took off to get their things unpacked. That's when a limousine pulled up.

"What the heck?" said Herc.

"Is that a LIMO?" Laf said, astonished.

"Who here is THAT rich?" John asked.

A man dressed in a suit stepped out and came to the side door, then opened it. Three girls stepped out.

They were all wearing sundresses and sunglasses, just in different colors. One was wearing red, one was wearing green, and the last was wearing yellow. The girl in red took off her sunglasses and walked up to John, Herc, and Laf.

"Where do we sign in?" she snapped. The girl seemed very bored and was already on her phone, trying to find a signal.

"Um, over there," John said quietly, pointing to the registration table.

She looked up from her phone and snapped her fingers. The other two girls followed her over to the table.

"You're welcome," John muttered sarcastically. "Who are they?"

"No idea," Herc said, staring at the girls in disgust.

The boys hung around for a moment to see if they could hear the girls names as they signed in.

"Hello! I'm Jackson. What's your-"

"Heather. Heather Chandler. Just give me my packet."

Jackson looked taken aback, but found her packet and handed it to her. He forced a smile.

"Um, the Welcoming Ceremony is at-"

"We'll be fine. You don't have to explain this stuff to us like we're five," Heather said, snatching her packet and narrowing her eyes.

"I'm Heather Duke," said the girl in green. She held out her hand expectantly as she gazed down at her phone.

"Heather McNamara," the one in yellow said, also holding out her hand.

Jackson stared at them for a moment, then found their packets and handed them to the other two.

"If you have any ques-"

"Thanks. Come on, girls," Heather Chandler said, snapping her fingers again and stalking off with the girls.

"How long do you think THEY'LL last?" Laf said in disgust.

"Not long," a voice said from behind the boys.

The three turned around and jumped.

"Miss me?" Alex said, grinning.

"Alex!" Laf screeched, jumping into Alex's arms and wrapping around him like a koala.

"Woah!" he said, laughing. "Holy crap, Laf, don't do that!"

Herc pushed Laf out of Alex's arms and pulled him into a tight hug, pounding his back.

"The Revolutionary Crew is reunited!" Herc exclaimed, drawing back and smiling at the boys.

"Hey, I'm John Laurens. I don't believe we've met," John joked, sticking out his hand to shake Alex's.

Alex smiled.

"Alex Hamilton. Pleased to meet you," he said, grabbing John's hand and shaking it firmly. Alex then pulled John up into a hug and spun him around. He set him back down and the two started kissing.

"Save it for later!" Laf groaned while Herc made a throwing-up motion.

John and Alex pulled back, ignoring the other two and grinning at each other.

"I missed you," John whispered.

"I missed you too," Alex whispered back.

The two boys kissed again, but pulled apart before Laf and Herc could yank them apart. Even though Laf and Herc were a couple, they still made fun of Alex and John.

"I see the kissing fest has already begun."

The Revolutionary Crew turned around to see some of their best friends approaching them.

"The Schuyler Sisters!" John said, running to hug them.

"And Catherine!" Cath said, laughing as she hugged Alex.

"Ang? Oh my gosh, your hair looks AMAZING!"

Angelica smiled. Her hair was shaved on one side and the rest was cut into a short pixie.

"Thanks, Herc," she said, smiling. "I kind of did it on a whim, but I think it turned out alright!"

"Alright, we're gonna go sign in, but we'll catch up with you boys in a bit. Ok?" Peggy said.

"Got it! See you guys later!" Laf called. Eliza waved and the girls left.

"Let's just wait here until they're done," John suggested. He sat down in the grass and took out his packet, filling out the usual paper with his name, gender identity, pronouns, and sexuality.

After a minute, the girls came back over, visibly upset.

"What's wrong, guys?" Herc said.

"Cath got put into a different cabin this year," Eliza said, frowning and rubbing her girlfriend on the shoulders.

"What? Why?!" Alex said, shocked.

"No clue," Cath mumbled. "The weird thing is that all of my roommates are named Heather."

The boys looked at each other and frowned.

"What? Did you guys meet them already?" Cath asked.

"Let's put it this way. I think you'll probably be rooming with these guys again in no time," John said. "Let's go get unpacked."

AN: It's so good to be back, guys! I really hope you all are having a great summer. I'm so excited to spend another camp with you guys!
Love,
Eli❤