Chapter 9

John and Alex were tangled up in a blanket around the campfire. The whole crew was there (minus Squip, Jeremy, and Michael, because they apparently had important video games to get back to), sleepy, but still laughing and having a good time together. Evan had returned from hospital that evening and was cuddled up with Heather M.

"Hey guys, trivia night's coming up," Cath said, "and I'm really glad all of you are official couples this time, so that none of you bother me throughout it!"

"Oh come on, we weren't THAT bad," John laughed. Cath shot him a deadly glare.

"Shall we replay what happened last year?" she said. "The amount of you that shouted that you needed food and yet bought NOTHING from me was WAY TOO MANY!"

The group laughed as they recalled the memories of the previous year.

"Hey, Connor, did you sign up for the sing-off in June?" Angie asked.

Connor smiled and nodded shyly.

"I'm gonna give it a shot, I guess," he said. The group all cheered for their friend, knowing he was going to do great.

"Hey, guys, we should head back to the cabin," Herc said, referring to The Revolutionary Crew. "As I recall, we still have a game of Truth or Dare waiting for us." John, Laf, and Alex all grinned, getting up and starting to head back to their cabin.

"Oh, don't forget, we have to do the thing where we run around camp screaming random shit," John said, smiling. The other three nodded and grinned, ready to settle in for the night.

"H-hey!"

The boys looked back. It was Evan, Connor, and Jared.

"Um, c-could we maybe- it's okay if you don't want us to! But I- we- were wondering- if we might be- be able to-"

Alex smiled. "Yes, you guys can join us," he said. "Come on!"

Evan blushed and the three headed up with the rest, making a quick stop at their cabins to change into their boxers.

Finally, they reached the cabin. They turned out the lights and turned on their phone flashlights, facing them towards the ceiling.

"Alright, who's first?" Alex said.

"Since you brought it up, you!" Laf said. Alex tapped his chin and thought for a moment.

"Jared," he said, "truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Um," Alex scanned his eyes around the room before landing on the bathroom. "We have a bath bomb in there. Eat it."

"Deal." Jared smirked. "You know, I've always secretly wanted to try one of these."

"J-jared, oh my god, NO!" Evan screeched. "That's going to kill you!"

"I'll just have a bite!" he said, pulling an orange and white bath bomb from the cupboard. He took a deep breath, then bit into it.

"This isn't right," Evan mumbled.

"Mm, orange tangerine!" Jared said. Everyone, except Evan, laughed and clapped.

"Laf," said Jared, his mouth full, "truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"How many shoulder blades do you have?"

"Excuse me, what the fuck Jared?"

The boys went around truthing and daring for about an hour until they decided they would only do one more before running around the camp, screaming.

"Connor, truth or dare?" John asked, yawning.

"Truth!"

"Um," John thought for a second. "What do you hope people will remember about you when you die?"

Connor smiled slightly.

"I hope they remember how much I love my sister. And I hope they remember how much she gave to me and the rest of the world," he said. "I especially hope they remember when her and I used to sing together. Seriously, you guys should've heard her on guitar. Some of the most beautiful music I've ever, ever heard."

The boys all glanced at each other slightly uncomfortably.

"Um, C-con?" Evan said slowly. "What do you m-mean you and her used to s-sing together?"

Connor's smile faded slightly.

"She committed suicide last year," he said quietly. "But I'm doing everything I can to help keep her memory alive. My friend Alana is helping me with that," he said.

"It's really easy to tell how much you love her," John said, reaching out and squeezing Connor's hand. "You can tell by how much your face lights up when you talk about her."

Connor smiled and squeezed John's hand back.

"We started something called The Zoe Project," he said. "If you want, I can send you some links about it."

John grinned.

"I would love that," he said. "Sounds like she was an incredible person."

The boys sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, all of them sitting a bit closer together than they were before.

"I think it's time to go run and scream half-naked around camp," Alex said, breaking the silence. The boys all grinned and got in line. Herc set a timer for each of them, starting with Alex, and off they went.

Just like last year, John won, but he shaved off a bit of time and ended with 54 seconds total. Evan was too anxious to make much noise, so Alex decided he'd run twice and went with Evan as his "personal noisemaker". Angelica called Laf, screaming into the phone and asking how much longer it would take. She groaned when she found out they had seven people instead of the usual four, but put up with it anyway. Finally, it was time for the other boys to head back to their cabins. The Revolutionary Crew bid them all goodbye and settled into their bunks, Alex and John texting through the night about how great a time they had. Just 10 minutes after they left, however, Alex got a FaceTime from Jared.

"Alright, guys, we're about to go into our cabin but it sounds like Michael and Jeremy have officially gone insane," he whispered. Evan was behind him with a really confused look. "Listen!"

Jared put his phone up to the door. Music from Legally Blonde was blasting and music from Heathers was blasting. Michael was screaming about how Legally Blonde was superior, but Jeremy was just singing "Candy Store" as loudly as he could to tune him out. Then the Heathers music went off.

"DAMMIT MICHAEL, IT WAS ALMOST AT THE BEST PART!" Jeremy yelled. "That's it- you can't play Apocalypse of the Damned on my laptop until next week!"

"Fine with me!" Michael yelled back. "I'll just find someone else!"

Suddenly, the door opened and Michael jumped to see Jared and Evan just standing there, Jared with his phone up.

"Uh, hi," Michael said. He turned to Jared. "Do you have a laptop?" Jared nodded slowly. "Can I use it?"

"Fuck no!"

Alex laughed in the background on Jared's phone.

"Goodnight, guys," he said, smiling. Jared didn't even hear him, he was too busy arguing with Michael about why he wasn't going to let him use his laptop. Evan took Jared's phone from him gently, and Jared didn't even notice.

"Night, Alex," he said, sighing, but grinning at the same time.

AN: Damn it's good to be back
-Eli