Chapter 5

AN: it may seem like there's going to be smut in this, but there isn't. Don't worry!

That night, the Revolutionary Crew went down to the welcoming night bonfire.

"Hey guys!"

The boys looked over and were shocked to see Peggy and Maria with Heather McNamara.

"Um..."

"Don't worry," Peggy said, smiling. "This one isn't as bad as the others."

"Yeah, I really think you guys got the wrong idea about me," Heather said. "It's my friends who're the jerks, not me. You all seem really great."

"Oh. In that case, it's very nice to meet you," Laf said, shaking her hand.

"Wait- is that-" John narrowed his eyes and tried to see if what he thought he saw was true.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked, looking at him with concern.

"I didn't think Charles Lee was coming back this year," John mumbled, his heart sinking as Charles turned around to reveal that it was him. Charles Lee had harassed Alex and John with his homophobia the previous year.

Alex put his arm protectively around John's waist.

"Hey," he whispered, "I promise that he won't bother us this year. And if he does, we'll get Angie to kick him out." John smiled weakly. "The point is, all of us are here for you and to support you. You don't have to worry about a single thing."

John smiled and kissed his boyfriend on the cheek.

"Thanks, Al," he said softly.

"Hey, do you want to go back to the cabin and- um- catch up?" Alex said.

John blushed, but nodded.

The two walked back to their cabin hand-in-hand.

Alex flipped on the light switch when they got inside while John took off his jacket and shoes. He then collapsed on one of the bottom bunks and sighed.

"Did the first day already wear you out?" Alex asked, laughing.

"Oh, shut up," John said, covering his face and laughing as well.

"So," Alex said, sitting down next to him, "we haven't seen each other since March." He kissed John's cheek. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," John responded, turning to face Alex. "And I love you."

Alex smiled and kissed him. "I love you too," he said between kisses.

"Alex, stop, Herc's gonna kill us if we do anything on his bed," John said, laughing as Alex kissed down his neck. "And I'm not so sure that our top bunks are meant to hold two people."

Alex frowned and kissed John on the nose.

"We have to deal with them doing stuff all the time," he complained. John laughed.

"Well, unfortunately for us, they both have bottom bunks," he said. John locked lips with Alex once again, and started fiddling with the zipper of his jeans.

"Guys, we need your help!"

Alex and John sprang apart and looked at the doorway. Cath, Eliza, Evan, and another boy were standing there. Evan had tears streaming down his face and was clutching his arm.

"Oh my god, Evan? What happened?!" John cried, springing up and going rushing to Evan's side. Alex hurried out the door to find the nurse.

"Sam Seabury threw his backpack into a tree, so he climbed up to get it down, but stupid Charles Lee was waiting up there and he pushed him out," Cath explained. "Luckily, Connor here was walking by and saw him."

The boy nodded to John.

"Um, yeah, I'm Connor," he said.

John nodded back.

"Here, Evan, sit down," John said, taking him over and sitting him down on Laf's bed.

"I think it's broken," Eliza whispered to John.

"D-did anyone g-get my backpack?" Evan stuttered through his tears.

"I'll go find it," Cath volunteered. She left the cabin quickly.

Connor sat down next to Evan and rubbed his back assuringly.

"Okay, Eliza texted me and sai- Evan? Oh my gosh, what happened?!" Ang rushed in and crouched in front of him.

John told Ang what happened, and she became outraged.

"That's it. I'm going to Washington," she said, standing up and heading for the door. "They'll be sorry they ever messed with you, Evan."

"Ang, y-you don't h-have to-" Evan started to say, but she was out the door.

At this moment, Alex came rushing back in with the nurse. Jared was close behind him.

"Let's take a look, dear," she said calmly, taking hold of Evan's arm. He whimpered as she pressed lightly on it.

"Alright, I need to take him to the hospital to get this x-rayed," she said, helping Evan up. "Let's go, dear."

The cabin became silent as Evan and the nurse left.

"Hey, thanks for being there for him," Jared said, turning to Connor. "If you hadn't been walking by, he might still be laying there."

"It was no problem at all," he responded. "Hey, I'm gonna get back to my room now. I still gotta meet my roommate."

"Oh, who is it?"

"I don't know his real name? I guess he goes by 'Squip'. Weird, right?"

Jared stared at the floor. Poor kid.

AN: Hey look another chapter!
-Eli❤