Chapter 15

The group split up and looked everywhere they could think of for the bracelet. Alex was sobbing the entire time.

"How did I lose it ALREADY?" he said, holding his head in his hands. "It hasn't even been a day?"

John squeezed his hand tightly. Alex could kind of careless sometimes, but he knew this was an accident.

"Alex, I hate to say it, but it's probably back in the woods," John said, holding him close. "We've looked everywhere else it could be and it didn't go missing until after the hike."

Alex cried even harder. He knew that that had to be true, but he didn't want it to be.

"I'm really sorry, Alex," Cath said, sitting down next to them with Eliza. "I'm sure it'll turn up eventually."

"If you want, Cath and I can go look along the trail in the woods," Eliza offered. She knew he must feel terrible.

Alex shook his head.

"It's gonna be dark soon anyway," he sniffled. "You guys don't have to do that."

Eliza and Cath nodded, but they had an agreement that if the bracelet didn't turn up by the following night, they were going to look on the trail anyway.

"John, I'm so sorry," Alex said. "I'm the worst boyfriend ever, you just wanted to get me something nice and I couldn't even keep track of it for 24 hours."

John hushed him and held him close.

"It's not your fault, Alex," he said. "I'm not upset at all."

"Guys!"

The group turned to see Jared, Connor, and Peggy running towards them, out of breath.

"Jefferson has the bracelet," Connor said. "Alex, he took it off your wrist when you shoved you in the woods."

Alex sprang up.

"Where is he?" he said, glaring.

"Well, he doesn't have it anymore," Peggy said as Jared cracked up.

"Squip saw it when he was looking for it with Jeremy and Michael," Connor said.

"HE TACKLED JEFFERSON TO THE GROUND!" Jared yelled, laughing even harder.

"So Jefferson decided he was going to give Squip a wedgie and hang him by his underwear from a tree," Peggy said. "Angie, Heather, Maria, Laf, Herc, and Evan are trying to get him down."

"Michael and Jeremy are putting the whole thing on Instagram live!" Jared said, laughing as he held up his phone. Alex, John, Eliza, and Cath leaned forward to see Squip struggling from a pine tree, underwear completely stretched out, as Maria hit him with a broom to try and free him.

"Oh my god," Alex muttered. The group ran across camp as quickly as they could before something bad happened.

"Hey Alex!" Squip said, waving everyone over when they got there. He was smiling widely, completely unphased by the fact that he was in a tree. "Got your bracelet!" he said, holding it up in his hand for them to see.

"Guys, we need to get him down!" Cath said. "Jeremy, Michael, turn off your phones!"

"Maria, hitting him with a broom isn't going to help anyone!" John exclaimed, grabbing the broom from her and tossing it to the ground.

"C-Connor, you're the tallest, could y-you boost s-someone up?" Evan asked.

"Good idea," said Angie. "I'd go get a ladder, but they're on the other side of camp. The branch could break by the time I get back."

Connor looked around the group, trying to see who would be the easiest to lift.

"Jeremy," he said, "get on my shoulders." Jeremy was the second-tallest, but definitely the thinnest.

"What?" Jeremy screeched. "No way!"

"Just do it, before he gets hurt!" Alex said, looking up at Squip nervously, who was still smiling mindlessly.

Jeremy sighed and got on Connor's shoulders.

"Good god, this is GOLD!" Michael laughed , pulling out his phone and starting another Instagram live.

"Stop touching my ass!" Jeremy yelled.

"Not trying to!"

Connor walked over to the tree with Jeremy on his shoulders.

"Okay, now grab him under the arms and lift him up so his underwear gets off the branch," Heather called. "Then just pass him down to Herc and Laf." Herc and Laf were positioned beneath the tree, ready to grab Squip's legs to help him down.

"Yeah, yeah, I got it," Jeremy said. He looked at Squip. "You owe me big time," he said sternly.

Jeremy lifted Squip under his arms and held him up until his underwear unhooked. Then he gently lowered him under Laf and Herc could get his legs.

Connor bent down and let Jeremy off his shoulders. Laf and Herc lowered Squip to the ground as everyone clapped.

"Thank god!" Alex said, rushing over to Squip as everyone gathered around him. "Are you okay?"

Squip nodded and smiled.

"Here's your bracelet," he said, dropping it into Alex's hand. Alex took it and fastened it back onto his wrist, much tighter this time.

"Thank you so much!" Alex exclaimed, grabbing onto Squip and hugging his tightly.

"Oh," Squip said. "Sure. I'm gonna go now."

Squip, Michael, and Jeremy turned around and headed back to their cabins. Squip's underwear was still half sticking out of his pants.

"I'm gonna go tell Washington what happened," Angie said. "Evan, Connor, Jared, come with me so you can help explain." The four went towards Washington's cabin.

Alex hugged John tightly and cried into his shoulder.

"Thank you so much for getting this for me," he said, fiddling with his bracelet. "I really love it."

John smiled.

"It's all good," he said. "Let's go to the lake now. I have a feeling Angie is gonna give Jefferson the ass-kicking of the year, and I can't wait to hear that story."

John and Alex smiled at each other, and walked hand-in-hand to the lake.

Hi guys! For anyone who hasn't read it, I just wanted to put it out there that I have another Lams book out that I'm currently working on as well. Thanks, hope you enjoyed the chapter!
-Eli❤️