*CHAPTER NINE : RIDES WITH LIES*

"Rides with the untold truth"

The first thing that came in my mind was to find out Melinda's plan. Olivia and I want to be one step ahead of Melinda's plan. So we decided to go meet Maya immediately. As I went to meet Maya and I told her what happened and she replied as: "Wow, so much happened. I think Jazmin should go talk to her to get some information from her''. Me and Olivia agreed and I called Melinda. I called her and I said:'' Hi, Melinda''. Then she greeted me back. I asked her if she wants to meet me  by the coffee shop as I wanted to talk to her about something. She replied as: ''Alright! Will be there by 20!". Maya told me that when I will talk to her that I should be very nice and understandable so she could tell me some things that could give me information of what she's up to.

************

It was time and I was there ' The Deluxe Coffee Shop'. I went inside and I saw her sitting by the breathtaking view of North Carolina. It was just amazing. But now I have to get serious and I will. We greeted each other and we sat down. Both of us ordered a Pumpkin Spice Latte. It was very silent, both of us weren't talking. But unfortunately I have to start and yet I did. I started like this: '' So, what have you been doing here?''. She seemed very nervous even though there wasn't really any reason unless she has lied about something or she's going to. From where I know Melinda, she's not really good at lying. She replied as: '' Nothing much, College and all. It has been an hectic week". I nodded and then she asked me:'' So, what do you want to talk about?''. I told her that my parents are acting strange and I thought Melinda would know somethings since she has been talking to my parents for a while. Melinda replied me and said: '' Your parents? I haven't seen them in a while since". I was shook inside because Melinda doesn't know that I know about her and my parents are talking.

As soon as she drank her last sip from her Latte she got a phone call. It was about 5 min and she ended her call and she said:"Sorry Jazmin, but I have to be at home. My mom has an emergency so I'll see you in a bit''. I told her goodbye and I immediately called Olivia and Maya to see if Melinda is really at home. Let's find out.