Chapter 6

As Astrid, Caitlin, Cisco and his mirror double sat on the beds trying to determine their next course of action Barry analyzed the walls of the room that they were in. He even looked behind the sink.

"What's your speedster doing?" Mirror Cisco asked.

"He's trying to do a 'prison break'..." Cisco replied, then he called out to Barry, "It won't work, Barry. Captain Cold and Heatwave aren't here." Astrid and Caitlin smirked at his reference but then went back to talking amongst themselves.

"I must say, Cisco. I'm somewhat envious that the lot of you have kept your friendship for this long." Mirror Cisco said.

"Yeah... you never said, what happened between you and your friends?" Cisco asked him.

"There was a fight between Barry and I. His fight with the Reverse Flash began to overwhelm him. He became obsessed. Astrid wasn't always as... withdrawn, as she is now. She took over STAR Labs after her father died. But she felt responsible for Barry, even when he attacked her..."

"Wait, your Barry attacked Astrid? Why?" Cisco asked.

"They kept butting heads. They couldn't agree on anything. Barry felt that he needed to get faster and faster to defeat Thawne. She felt that he needed to be more strategic. She trusted him and he attacked her. She ended up in a coma. I took over with STAR Labs and I acted out in anger against Barry. I attacked him... and it wasn't just one blast. I almost killed him. Caitlin helped Astrid out of her coma, but then she left with Barry. That was it."

"Woah. I didn't realize that things were so bad."

"Yeah, well... now you do. You can't trust anyone, not even the ones who you think you can trust the most."

"Hey, Cisco!" Barry called out, "Come and look at this." Cisco looked at his mirror double but got up to join Barry, regardless.

"What's up, Bar?" he asked. Barry was crouched down in the far corner of the room, looking down at the floor.

"Check this out. I originally thought that these string patterns here were just... patterns... but the stone is actually transparent... we're seeing right through to the wire system between the floors and walls. Fortunately, there are no cameras. We're not being watched!" Barry explained.

Cisco crouched down beside him, "how did I not see this earlier!" he exclaimed. He followed a series of red lines across the floor to the other side of the room, bypassing what looked like the pipes to the toilet and basin. The red wires disappeared into the wall.

He ran towards the door to determine which colored wires were in control. They were green.

Astrid and Caitlin got to their feet. "Cisco, what's going on?" Astrid asked him.

Barry and his mirror double approached them, "This spaceship, like any spaceship runs entirely on wires. I need to make it to the control panel!" Cisco said.

"What are you thinking?" Caitlin asked him.

He grinned, "I may be able to find Harry and free all the prisoners at the same time."

"Alright, I'm listening... what do you need us to do?" Astrid asked.

There was a large rumble followed by a roaring noise. "Whatever your plan is... we're going to have to do it fast," Barry said, "it looks like we're taking off."

"Can we breach from outer space?" Cisco wondered.

"Not sure, I've never tried." His mirror double replied.

"Okay, well here's the plan..." Cisco said.

A little while later, the group was gathered by the door. Astrid was crumbled on the floor clutching her head crying out in pain.

"Somebody please help us!" Caitlin yelled out, banging on the door. "We need medical equipment!"

Barry and Cisco's mirror double also continued to bang wildly on the door in an attempt to attract as much attention to their cell as possible.

To their relief, a dark-haired man, with a few gray streaks dressed in a black suit opened the door. "Help!" Caitlin said, "my friend... she's a telepath, the dampening of her powers is causing her to suffer from a brain aneurism... I'm a doctor, we need medical equipment, as soon as possible."

"Why should I care?" the man asked them.

"She is a very powerful telepath." Cisco's mirror double said. "I don't believe your boss would be proud that you let her own power destroy her before he could have the chance to watch her in action."

"Hey, weren't there more of you?" the man asked him. He looked over at Barry who had not said a word. Instead, he had run Cisco to a deserted place outside the door and had returned.

"No, there wasn't." Caitlin said, "Please... my friend, she needs help!"

Astrid was still laying on the floor, clutching her head and crying out. Tears were streaming down her face.

"You're a doctor?" he asked Caitlin.

She nodded in response but he slammed the door as he left. "No, no, no! Wait!" Caitlin cried out.

But Barry smiled at her, "Let's just hope Cisco's plan works."