Chapter 2

Cisco ran to collect the voice recorder and tapes, but came back with the entire draw. He poured them out on to his work table, there were nine tapes all up. "Man, that guy loves the sound of his own voice."

"Where do you think we should start?" Caitlin asked, as she sifted through some of the tapes.

"Well, there's one in there now," Astrid said. "From the sounds of things it was at the beginning... he must have planted it there deliberately for us to listen to it."

"Look, the rest of these tapes are numbered." Barry said picking one up and showing them the sticker on the side.

"This isn't going to be like that show on Netflix, is it? You know where the girl killed herself and had all those students listen and pass it on to the next?" Cisco wondered.

"God, I hope not." Astrid gasped, "I'm just annoyed how much he lied even with his thoughts. I hate that he can do that... think one thing and hide an entire world of secrets at the exact same time." She pressed play on the voice recorder and they listened for Harry's next voice update.

When the update had finished they felt no closer to unraveling the truth than they were, to begin with. "There has to be a faster way to go through these tapes..." Cisco said, he smiled and looked over at Barry. He handed the voice recorder over to him and hit 'fast play'.

To the rest of them they heard nothing but the fast-paced voice which resembled the classic children's show the chipmunks. But to Barry, he had heard everything clearly. He continued to listen to every tape and every side in a matter of ten minutes. While his friends gave him a little space.

"How is everything going between you and Barry?" Astrid asked Caitlin.

"You guys heard that argument earlier? I'm so sorry." Caitlin apologized.

"It's fine... We argue all the time, and it was kinda' hard not to overhear." Cisco replied.

"Well, he really wants to talk everything through... but there's nothing that he can say to make things easier. He's in love with Iris." Caitlin replied.

"Yeah... but he's also in love with you, Snow." Astrid said, "Iris was his first love... it's hard to beat that, but at the same time, the pair of you have something special. Something new."

"But, he is with Iris on the other earths. Look at Earth 1 and earth 2... and it's probably the same on every other earth too. It's got to be fate!" Caitlin argued.

"Caitlin! Seriously! Fate!" Astrid was trying hard to keep calm, "No... I don't believe that! You're a doctor, you're rational, just like me! You should know that we write our own fates. Barry has shown that! He saved me twice and only ever on our earth! I should actually be dead. But I'm not. Yeah, Wells thought that it was because of the gods and their will... but despite Aphrodite, I barely have enough belief in gods either. What you and Barry have is real, please don't self-sabotage it."

She could tell that she had won her argument. Caitlin didn't have a rebuttal. Instead, she sighed and asked "So, what do I do? He still has those feelings for Iris."

"You give him a chance to make up his mind, Caity." Cisco said, "Guys are morons... I'm surprised I know what shirt to put on each day."

"You're still wearing the same shirt you wore yesterday," Caitlin laughed at him, noticing his black shirt that had a picture of 'Back to the Future's' DeLorean on it.

"Hey... Don't knock the DeLorean. It deserves to make its presence known. Besides, I forgot to go home and change before work this morning."

"Cisco's right, Snow." Astrid continued, "Give Barry a chance, just let him know that you won't allow for him to waste your time."