Chapter 4: Ups and Downs

—Setting: Trent's apartment; at 8:30 AM; the next day—

Gwen knew the next morning wouldn't be easy for her.

Another wave of nausea hit her just like the previous day; causing her to throw up again.

"Morning sickness can be such a pain." Gwen thought to herself as she heaved into the toilet.

"I hate barfing, but at least it's not going to last forever."

She then exited the bathroom and met with Trent in the kitchen.

"I hope your morning wasn't as rough as yesterday." Trent said to Gwen.

"I don't know what to say about that." Gwen replied to him.

"It's alright; let's get on with our day. I know you'll feel better". Trent suggested.

—Scene at Trent's family's house; at 1:30 PM—

Trent brought Gwen over to his parents' house for a visit like he promised.

His parents were pleased to see him and his fiancée again.

"I see you and Gwen have grown since the last time we saw you." Trent's father said to him.

"It has been a while. Gwen and I are also closer together." Trent replied to his father.

"How's it been between the two of you lately after finding out Gwen was pregnant?" Trent's mother asked.

"Gwen is enduring the difficulties of her condition and it's hard for both of us." Trent replied to his mother.

"This is something Trent and I are experiencing for the first time and we aren't too sure about it." Gwen told Trent's family.

"I'm not going to say it's an agonizing 9 months of discomfort and unpredictable events; however it sometimes feels like it."

"I know it can be hard at times. Try not to put too much pressure on yourselves." Trent's mother told them.

"We'll keep that in mind and try our best to cope with situations wisely." Trent said to his mother.

—Scene at Trent's apartment; at 3:50 PM—

The meeting with Trent's family ended after two hours and Trent took Gwen back to his apartment.

"I'm glad your parents are willing to help us with our plan. My mom's support may not be enough." Gwen said.

"My folks probably see you as a member of the family because we are to be married soon." Trent replied to her.

"I think we could agree with that." Gwen considered.

—4:20-5:35 PM—

Gwen had plans to visit her doctor later that day so she packed her bag and left for her appointment.

"I hope I don't have to go through too much." she thought.

Gwen's doctor examined her physical health and vitals and told her she was about three weeks in gestation.

Her appointment ended an hour later and she returned to her fiancé's apartment.

"My appointment went well." Gwen said as she got back.

"Glad it did." Trent replied.

"How's our baby so far?" he asked.

"Right now it's at 3 weeks and it is healthy." Gwen replied passionately.

"That's good to know." Trent replied again.

"I think I will talk to my mom about this." Gwen said again.

"I'll be meeting with her two days from now."