Chapter 9: Two-Way Turning Point

—7 days later—

A week passed by quickly.

At 8 months pregnant, Gwen was aware she might go into labor during the current or following weeks.

—Setting: Gwen's apartment at 2:30 PM—

"I'm not sure if I should move in with Trent before our baby is born. My huge stomach and other things could interfere with the process." Gwen thought to herself.

"I should probably wait for this occasion."

—2:40 PM—

Gwen received a phone call from Trent regarding her condition.

"Hi Trent, I see you called to check on me." Gwen said to Trent through her phone.

"How are you and the baby doing?" Trent asked.

"I think we're fine this month." Gwen answered.

"Is it okay if you visit me again later today?" she asked.

"I might have time during the evening." Trent replied.

"Thanks, I'll see you if you have time". Gwen said to him.

—3:00 PM—

Bridgette needed to discuss some important things with Gwen about her decisions.

"I know you're planning to move in with Trent very soon, but I have a few things to say." Bridgette told Gwen.

"What is it?" Gwen asked her.

"I wanted to say that you were a good friend and I enjoyed living with you." Bridgette replied.

"Same here." Gwen told her.

"Even though the two of us won't be rooming together anymore, we can still stay in touch."

"That can be worked out." Bridgette agreed.

"I might want to move in with Geoff someday too." Bridgette thought.

Gwen continued to talk to Bridgette that afternoon.

Bridgette wanted to know if Gwen had decided on a name for her baby yet.

"I know you and Trent have narrowed it down to 4 names the last time I asked you, but have you two made a final decision?" Bridgette asked.

"I'm afraid not." Gwen replied.

"Trent and I narrowed it down to 3 names now, but we can't decide on which one should be our daughter's first name."

"It can be a tough decision sometimes." Bridgette concurred.

"What names did you narrow it down to?" Bridgette asked again.

"I was thinking of either 'Erika' or 'Rayven', and Trent was thinking of the name 'Wrenn' that would play a part of the letters in both his and my name." Gwen told Bridgette.

"Those names sound interesting, and I also agree 'Erika' sounds like a nice name." Bridgette said to Gwen.

"Thanks." Gwen complimented.

"I wonder if Trent might change his mind."