johnny

"..4B, 5B, 6B, 7B, ah, 8B, there we go," I mumbled to myself, one hand dragging my luggage and another holding the ticket that had my seat number printed on to find it. It was rare for me to travel by plane, but since it had been some time since I've seen my family after being so far away at uni, why not pay a visit? I definitely missed them, and they probably did too, so I couldn't help but feel psyched to see them again. Not to mention my longing for my sweet ol' comfy bed, the red classic baby blanket and Mr. Muffykins. I tucked the handle of the luggage back to its place and looked up at the luggage section, lifting it up to place it there.

Only to fail because it was too heavy for my liking. A loud frustrated sigh escaped from my lips.

Struggling there in the middle of the plane like a whacked up prawn brain that I am, someone had finally sensed my long-time violent efforts to lift the heavy object of monstrosity. A finger tapped me on the shoulder, and I spun around to meet upon a pair of bright eyes looking at me.

"Do you need help with that?"

What sounded like a voice close to being a golden VIP ticket that could send me straight up to heaven was a man that screamed hot diggidy damn.

"I'm hot diggidy what?" his eyebrows contorted into a confused expression before I realised I had stupidly voiced out my rambling thoughts in front of him

"I'm hot diggidy what?" his eyebrows contorted into a confused expression before I realised I had stupidly voiced out my rambling thoughts in front of him. Then, my conscience urged me to cover up quickly.

"No-!" I blurted the main point of my lie, then off to elaborate. "I said, it's such a hot weather right now, and I'm sweating a waterfall from this luggage, geez," I continued with a nervous laugh, and the handsome hottie blinked before nodding with slight uncertainty.

"Okay, well, here, let me help you," he offered, replacing my hands on the luggage with his, lifting it up with ease and sliding it into the luggage compartment at the top. I just stood there gawking at how 'The Rock' material he is.

"Th-Thanks, you're hot- amazing!" I slapped myself and quickly changed into a better, well-mannered vocab before he noticed what I had just blurted out. I waved to initiate a 'bye, see you later, as in see you next time where I'm going to marry you probably' before sliding into my seat, hoping the dream guy's seat is way farther than mine so I wouldn't have to stare at him like he's my favourite chicken wing.

Relaxing into my seat, someone had done the same beside me, so I took a short glance to the side to look at them. Huh, he looked oddly similar to the original hottie material that helped me carried my luggage like a knight in shining- oh.

"Haha, I know right? What a coincidence, we're sitting beside each other!" he exclaimed, in a same state of surprise as I am. But right then I'm an inch closer to explode because my God, this is totally my lucky day.

"Yeah, wow, legit, I'm so flabbergasted," I ran out of words to say. Suddenly, English had become so hard for me.

"So.. the name's Johnny, you are?"

"________, it's __________,"

"Pretty name for a pretty girl like you," he complimented smoothly.

"Haha.. yeah.. you too,"

He blinked, confused over my response.

"Oh! I mean.. you know.. like, manly name for a manly guy like you," I laughed nervously, then sunk in further into my seat. "Nevermind..." I muttered in embarassment.

An amused laugh then escaped from his lips. His hotness might have just increased.

"You're by far the oddest girl I've ever met. Which is dope!"

"Like.. what kind of dope? the stupid kind or the good kind of-"

Nevertheless, the conversation went by smoothly.

Until the plane started to take off.

I fidgeted uncomfortably in my seat, the plane was in between clouds now, a good thousand feet high off the ground.

"Is this your first time on flight?" the man beside me questioned, to which I nodded. "You gonna be okay?"

"Ehe.. yep.. this is total- balls!" I squeaked in horror, accidentally blurting out the wrong word in my dictionary when I felt the plane jolt down. "What was that?!"

"Oh.. you don't know an air pocket?" I had no idea the man beside me was trying hard to contain his laughter, but he reached his hand out towards me anyway, holding mine in a way of comfort. "You know we have like, 3 more hours until we reach our destination,"

"And you can hold my hand for like, that exact 3 hours or else I'll really lose it," I managed to reply smoothly, despite panicking to no end on the inside. Another jolt came from the jackass plane and acting on instinct, another high-pitched yelp came from my lips as I stomped down on Johnny's poor foot.

"Ow! That hurts!"

"You should thank the Lord they weren't heels-!" I sucked in a breath, feeling a huge surge of nausea suddenly coming over me. My face was probably as green as Shrek.

"I think-.. I think I might wanna barf-"

"No wait-! _______!!" Johnny let go of my hand and fumbled over the pocket of the backseat, searching frantically for the sickness bag planes always have.

As soon as he got a hold of it, half of my barf flew on his shirt. And I screamed.

It became a hilarious chaotic flight.

______________________________________________________________

"I'm so so so so sorry! I swear I didn't mean it to happen!"

I had passed out for the rest of the flight after I barfed my breakfast out, half in the bag and another half on Johnny's pretty shirt that I would gladly keep and bring to bed every night- that wasn't the point. He probably had a hard time rushing to the toilet and washed it off, then helped me off the plane with the help of the flight attendants. I had woken up halfway and now here I am, torn due to the fact that I'll never get the chance to be his all-time favourite dope spouse material in the future. My heart seemed to shatter at the thought.

"It's fine, _______, seriously," despite the fact that I had actually bombed a good amount of barf on him, he was still being cool about it, smile still visible and all.

"I should make it up to you. Like, pay for your taxi ride, or.. buy an unlimited high speed data or,"

His hand reached for my disastrous hair, fixing it properly and tucking strands behind my ears perfectly. I had guessed he understood girl problems and their norm of always keeping their hair pretty everywhere they go.

"Or you can take me out on a date,"

He winked, pulling back all the pieces of my heart together in one piece again.

"Did you just say a date?"

He replied by snaking an arm around my waist, his bag already slung over his shoulder.

"Just promise you won't throw up on me again,"