jungwoo

"you should ask her out, man!" lucas nudged the other's shoulder. "don't lie to me, i've seen you two exchanging looks between each other for a few weeks! you two are whipped!"

"give me time!" jungwoo rolled his eyes. "i'm thinking of a way, okay?" he assured his loud-mouthed friend. not long after, he glanced to the waitress who was already looking at him, now eyes casting away due to the embarrassment of getting caught staring.

jungwoo smiled and secretly uwu-ed at her, feet kicking the air and accidentally hitting lucas' knee

"ow!"

"pfft, sorry!" he sighed, tapping his fingers on the table while the two continued to wait for their orders.

after some time, their food finally came, brought by the same waitress jungwoo had a crush on. her tag name read ____________. just by looking at it, the strawberry-blonde boy repeated her pretty name in his mind, to which he suddenly blurted her name out, catching the girl's attention.

"sorry," he laughed. "i just.. really like your name,"

said girl's cheeks were splattered with red, flattered by his comment and mumbled a 'thank you' before she walked away, leaving both jungwoo and lucas to enjoy their food.

jungwoo averted his gaze to lucas, who was gaping at him in surprise.

"wow, you confident little flirt!" he clapped.

"i was just complimenting her name," jungwoo smiled cheekily anyways.

"yeah, but, bro.. her number. get it," lucas added. "i bet five bucks by next week, you two will be official,"

after they finished their food, they stood up from their table. "wait outside. it's on me for today, i'll pay," jungwoo spoke.

"yeah, right. that's just an excuse for you to meet that girl at the counter," lucas teased in return. "but since you're paying.. thanks!" he skipped out the café.

jungwoo walked over to the counter, already having his smile directed towards her. "hi,"

"hey," ____________ returned the smile with her own, typing on the cash register machine and handing him his receipt. jungwoo gave the money to her on the counter, then proceeded to ask, "do you have a pen? may i borrow?"

"yeah, sure," the girl reached for a black pen on the desk, handing it to him. she was slightly curious on what he needed a pen for though.

on the other hand, jungwoo took the receipt and flipped it to the other side where it was blank, scribbling something on it. he gave the receipt back to her.

"take it back. and oh, keep the change," he winked before hurrying out of the café.

____________ looked down to see what he wrote on the receipt, only to blush again when she saw his number on it.

________________  b  o  n  u  s  __________________

____________ freaked out alone in her room, the receipt with jungwoo's number still in her hand while her other hand held her phone, wondering whether she should call him or not.

she paced around in her room for ten minutes before she finally mustered up all her courage, dialling his number on the phone and pressing it to her ear, waiting for the other to pick up.

she was replied with silence, no beeping or whatever. with an eyebrow raised in confusion, she pulled her phone away from her ear and looked back at the device, only to vent out her frustration by screaming.

"my battery's dead!!"

"tone it down!!" her brother, yuta, yelled from the other side of the room, all the while playing fortnite.

the same time as this happened, in jungwoo's room, he was currently pulling out a small pout, staring at the screen of his phone.

"is she not going to call me?"