Ride

Anne Tyler once said, “once upon a time, there was a woman who discovered she had turned into the wrong person,” and today I realized that woman was me.

I couldn’t help but to listen on Melissa’s and Jeremiah conversation, so I knew that there was a war nearing on us. But who were the ones fighting against us was what got a shiver run down my back, and not in a good way.

I then start wondering why we were receiving Alpha Hunter’s son, and that wonder was enough to make me want to talk with him because I knew that Melissa wasn’t going to give me any answers, not yet at least.

With that in mind I went in search of Alec, I walked and walked around the house but I couldn’t find him. That’s the downside of living in the pack’s house. We did have the choice of gathering a small group of friends and asking Mel for permission to have one of the small bungalows, but I don’t have friends, and even if I did; I like living here, surrounded by so much people, makes me feel less lonely.

I sigh and without watching, I come across a brick like body, “sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going.” I said without glancing up and sidestepping whoever I just bumped so I could keep walking

“No worries pretty girl,” someone said with a dark, low, sexy voice

Pretty girl? As those words were said, I immediately knew what had happened. I just bumped with the person I was definitely not trying to come across. The emotion he was emanating just confirmed my biggest fears; lust, hormones going wild, determination. This was a sex driven guy, who didn’t hesitate on doing the lowest things just to get what he wanted.

He grabs a hold of my forearm, “going somewhere?”

“Actually yeah, but it’s none of your business,” I say trying to take my arm out of his grasp.

“Now Angelina, that is not a nice way to behave,” he said gripping my arm harder.

“Rafael you are hurting me, drop my arm before I make you!” I say authority like

That had his eyes turn black and his satisfaction shivers run through my empathic senses, “make me!”

I shrug and immediately kicked his chin, taking advantage that he was distracted; and after that I grab his nerve of the elbow and make him faint, “you told me to, jerk!”

I heard a chuckle in near distance, and immediately turn my head to the direction it came from. Out of the corner of the hall came Alec smirking. I immediately put my façade on.

“That was entertaining,” he says amused

“It wasn’t supposed to be, even less for you,” I say coldly

He looks taken back, but covered it right away, “Yeah well,” he shrugs, “have you spoken to Jeremiah?”

I frown, “no, he has had a tough day today, what for?” He search for something in his pocket and hand it to me, “a club?”

“Yeah, I’ll go there in a few hours, you should come as well”

I snort, “With you?” I hand him the entrance back, “no thank you”

He chuckles, “don’t tell me you are still mad for our little encounter yesterday”

I glare at him and fold my arms in front of my chest, “why would I be?”