Half A Life Will Be Taken

Liam's pov

I ran towards the house as fast as I could. I had to literally push Theo away but I ran as fast as I could. I was able to smell the pain and hurt because it's so clear in the air, it made me feel even more guilty. As soon as I got to the pack house, I rushed inside to find Derek sitting on the staircase looking angry. Fuck. "Hey Derek, where's Brett." I said trying to play it off cool but it didn't work when Derek got up and walked towards me, "Where Brett is, is none of your concern." He said giving me a smile. "Derek where the hell is Brett." I started getting angry but when I smelt the hurt and sadness come from a specific room down here, I shoved past Derek and started to walk towards the room.

I didn't get to open it though because Derek was right in front of me and roared at me. At this point I felt like giving up, I know I fucked up and I know Brett doesn't want to see me but I have to apologize, like right now. So that during school it isn't bad, I mean we go back on Monday and tomorrow is Sunday like I need to fix this. I went up to my room and waited until it was 3 am and went tip toeing down the stairs. I was rounding the corner when I heard a slight cough that woke up the black wolf that was sleeping by the door. I turned to see Scott, "Damn it Scott, you're in on this too?!?" I yelled a little angry because an alpha is supposed to help someone out aren't they?

"Liam listen, you've hurt Brett a lot and he likes you, I mean for Christ sake you're his mate and that means it hurts him a thousand times more than if this was a regular person he liked. Don't you know that at some point if you keep toying with him like this he's gonna die of heart break?" Scott said calmly but I could tell he was angry. I could smell it in him but I mostly smelled the anger rolling of from behind me which was coming from a very angry naked Derek, as he was staring at me and I watched as Scott throws him a pair of black boxer briefs. I waited to see if it was true so I raised my eyebrows at Derek.

"It's true." He said with a murderous look in his eyes, "Since when have you gotten close to Brett huh?!? Stay the hell away from him, he's mine!" I yelled getting jealous because I've never even seen them have a conversation... yeah.. that's why I'm jealous. "You have no right to say he's yours with the way you're acting, 2 timing people isn't okay it's never been okay fuck off." Derek said flashing his eyes but then I saw them go soft and I know why Brett walked out of the room. "Der-Derek?" Brett looked at me but then looked at Derek. "Yes Brett."Derek answered in the kindest voice ever. "Thank you." He said looking at me again and I saw tears starting to form in his eyes. I watched as Derek walked over to Brett and kissed him.

WHAT THE HELL

Brett's pov

I watched as Derek started to walk over to me he gave me a wink and I knew what he meant. Stiles always winked when he needed someone to play along so I kissed him back when he kissed me. It was gentle but meaningless he pulled away and I offered a smile at the big guy who was almost naked. I saw Liam start to run at Derek his claws about to go for the kill by puncturing his lungs so instead I ran in front of Derek and Liam punctured my lungs. I saw as Liam's eyes turned back into those beautiful blue ones that I loved and I gave him a smile, as I was starting to not be able to breath. Even though I could probably heal, my body just won't for some reason.

He removed his hand from my ribs and I fell but in his arms, "No, no Brett no, that wasn't supposed to be you dammit." He started crying but I just gave him a small smile, "Stop smiling you're about to leave me dammit, I hate that you always have to be the good guy." He was balling at this point. I couldn't really break but I had to say something though it made the situation worse for me. "T-Tell Theo I-I said to ke-ep you s-safe." I said coughing up blood and passing out.

Liam's pov

Oh.my.god. "SCOTT CALL DEATON PLEASE, PLEASE TELL HIM TO HURRY HE HAS TO." I yelled and watched as Scott called Deaton,  "You're an asshole it should've been you." I said looking at Derek, "It wasn't me because he cared about me enough to do that for me so shut up it was not my claws who did this." he said grabbing Brett from my arms and holding him close to his chest. He laid him down on the couch and watched him closely at some point Brett stopped breathing but that's when Deaton got there and ran to Brett he took out something and injected it into Brett's neck.

"He's going to start to maybe, seize a bit so help him out and he should be alright from there. I'll wait here until he's awake." Deaton said looking at my bloodied hands. When Brett started to seize Derek wouldn't let me near him. The this pain entered my body and I started to change and I roared out. I held my heart in pain, my heart was burning so bad. Everyone looked over at me in shock and I didn't know why but after Brett stopped seizing my pain stopped. I was covered in sweat so I took off my shirt and sat against the wall "W-why are you a-all looking at me like that?" I asked because they looked at me weird "Well it appears that you half killed Brett and a piece of him was given to you and vice versa. You see you had a pruning sensation in your heart because what was given to you was his love for you. In other words now he's you're mate and he doesn't know how he feels about you so in other words you both switched feelings." Deaton said looking me in the eyes.

"Oh and also one of you're wolf eye is blue and the other is still yellow since half you're innocents as a wolf is gone." Deaton said just as Brett woke up, What the fuck is happening, all that pain I felt is what Brett was feeling when I hurt him.