Trying to find a solution

Liam's pov

Brett stormed out last night and kinda said mate as he left but i don't understand what that means. Oh well, I was still really confused on how I actually felt about Brett. I guess I really want to like Theo that I haven't thought about Brett that way. Oh shit, I should apologize but I've already called 90 times and texted him about 150 times. The only way to see him is if I go to his house.

Brett's pov

I hate this, and I hate myself. I did everything but I only made my mate hate me. "M-mum?" I called out, I still hadn't stopped calling her that. I knew that at some point I was going to die from this rejection. "Yes Brett?" She called out
"Mummy can i have soup." I asked but started crying. "Yes let me just get the door." She called out,  I heard her open the door then I smelt it. That amazing scent of mint and lavender. I cried a little harder. Oh god I'm gonna die faster. "Brett, Liam is here to see you ." She called out to me, I couldn't stop my crying. "No-I mean I don't want to see him, mom please make him leave." I said

I notice that I keep letting myself slip further and further away. I guess the sooner the better, I heard the pain of not having your mate gets to the point where you'll beg anyone to kill you. I don't want to suffer. Every time I tried calling her mommy it came out as mummy because my British accent would slip a little, only with that word though, it always has and seemed it always would. Currently I'm just hugging my pillow and I'm only in navy blue boxer briefs. I was starting to calm down but then my door opened to reveal someone who had rejected and broken my heart. "Brett." He started but I only let him say that, "Leave I don't even know why mum let you in here." I said hiding my face in my pillow.

"Please let me -." I knew he was trying to apologize, he can't apologize for killing me. That sounds fucking ridiculous. "P-please just leave you already rejected me it's over." I said waiting for him to leave but he didn't, death probably awaits me in my sleep. "Why are you so worked up over it now, I've already rejected you before ?" He sounded curious, "Before I didn't know, now I know so you can leave." I said just waiting an waiting be he never left. I was referring to us being mates. "Whatever, I'm going to sleep." I said hugging my pillow closer and then sleep actually did take over.

Liam's pov

I watched as Brett slept, I wonder why he was so worked up over the fact that I don't like him. He already knew that. "It's because you're his mate." A little voice in my head said, "What the hell even is that?" I asked out loud. I didn't know why I didn't just say that in my head. It's not like anyone's listening to me. The answer never came so I gently stroke Brett's hair and waited. What the hell is a mate? Fuck it, I'm going to find out. I walked out of the house and ran all the way to the place I knew all to well. But before I entered I called Satomi

(Bold=Satomi )

Hello

Hey can you let Brett know I'll be back later if he wakes up and I'm not there

Yes Liam

Thanks bye

I walked into the animal clinic to see Deaton with a dog. "Hello liam." He said without looking up. Gotta get straight to the point so I can get back to Brett. "Hey Doc, what's a mate?" I asked getting straight to the point. He looked at me with that straight face like always. "A Mate is simply like a soulmate but different. There's a mate bond and sometimes if the bond is strong enough it can get the same gender pregnant and if a mate bond is extremely weak it's because the other person doesn't know about his mate." Deaton looked and me and I nodded wait so if I was Brett's mate and I didn't know before and I know now but I don't like him it's still weak... right?

"What about rejection?" I asked hoping it wouldn't be too bad. I mean I'm sure it'll just be like regular rejection. "Rejection is one of the worst things that can happen, if someone rejects their mate it hurts the other person so bad that eventually they die of a broken heart." He looked slightly curious but it all went away as he asked "Why are you asking me all this liam?" Shit, shit! I rejected Brett shit, mother fucker. He's gonna die... oh my god what if he's dying right now! "Uhm because someone told me I'm their mate but I rejected them." After I said that awkward silence filled the room. "Liam, who?" He asked me and I looked down at me feet "Brett." Was all I said before he finished with the dog.

"Brett isn't a bad guy try it out or tell him something to fix it and I promise you everything will be fine and stay away from Theo a little and spend that time with Brett." He said and I nodded "Thanks." He just nodded to me I ran out of the clinic and all the way back to Brett's. I don't know how Deaton knew I was spending time with Theo. Sometimes I think it's so weird how he knows everything. I knocked on the door and Satomi opened it. "He's crying again and I have to leave, take care of him and if you hurt him again you won't be alive much longer." She smile and went passed me.
I walked in locked the door and walked up to Brett's room. "I went to Deatons to figure things out and I think I can help with this Mate thing."