Chapter 28

Back in the camp, Sara thought. She looked around the place. Tents, bonfire, boys wearing robes dancing around it, and log seats. This is the right place.

"Are you leaving?" Sara asked Ariel. Ariel was fiddling around with the bracelet Regina had gave her earlier. "Ariel, are you okay?"

She shook her head and shoved it back into her satchel. "I'm fine. Just . . . this brings back the memories. It's taunting me."

Sara placed a hand on her shoulder, showing support. "I get it. I'm not even sure if I'm making the right choice here. It'll probably come haunt me in future times but, I'll learn to let go. And you should to."

"You're right. I should move on. Good luck on your happy ending. I hope everything will work out for you." She gave Sara a hug good bye before she ran to the beach and dived into the ocean. 

"You're back." a male voice sprinkled with a British accent said. 

Sara turned around and found him standing near a tree. Same clothes. Same smile. Same hair. All same. "Peter . . ."

"You've come home." he said. "Why?"

Sara smiled and took steps forward. "This is my home now." She couldn't tell her the real reason why she stayed. The deal with Rumple. It was a high price to pay. She didn't even know how long it will last. "I'll be . . . a Lost Girl."

"Are you sure?" Peter Pan asked, his arms crossed. "I know you really wanted to go home, back to your family-"

"It's okay." she assured with the most assuring smile she could pull off. "I'll be alright. I can learn the ways of Neverland. I can be one of you guys." She couldn't tell him. He would have her head if he knew! Rumple and him had a history . . . She could feel it.

"Alright." he said, still unsure. His eyebrows were raised a bit. "But, I can always give you permission if you wanted to leave Neverland."

Sara shook her head. "I'm staying. Forever." The feeling of staying here forever stung. She missed her brother and Henry was the closest one to him. 

     "I'm sorry, Sara." he suddenly spoke. "I have been acting like a jerk lately . . ." He sat on a log and stared into her sweet blue eyes. He mean it.

"Yeah, I know." she shrugged with a sweet smile. "But, I forgive you. From all things that happened here, this is the best part of it."

"Thanks, Sara. Not everyone trusts and respects me like you do. Other than my boys, of course." He squeezed his hands together, his shoulders hunched a bit while he was sitting on the log that surrounded the bonfire. The Lost Boys still danced around it, without stopping. They enjoyed it.