no

"no, don't leave me, jin hyung! please!" the little boy tugged the edge of his elder brother's shirt, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. jin looked at the boy, almost crying himself. his heart clenched at the sight of his little brother in this vulnerable state. he sighed and slowly crouched down to his height.

"jungkook-ah, i'll be back, i promise." jin held jungkook's hands, making circular movements with his finger on the boy's palm as an attempt of calming him down. he let go of jungkook's hands and carefully removed an accessory from his neck.

"here," jin began, turning jungkook around so his back was facing him, "keep this on, okay? this is the last thing mom left us with and i want you to wear it, hm?"

jin clipped the necklace shut and made jungkook look at him. jungkook's watery eyes stared at jin's swollen ones. he then got out a piece of paper and wrote something on it.

"jungkook-ah, i'll be bringing mom's old phone with me, here's the phone number." jin handed jungkook the paper, "contact me if you need anything or if you're in trouble, okay?"

"b-but jin hyung!" jungkook cried, engulfing jin in a tight hug. jin patted jungkook's back, ruffling the younger's hair. 

"shhh, i know you can do this," jin smiled, "you're a strong boy, you and i both know that." jungkook cried harder, hiccuping and sniffling every now and then. soon, jin's shirt was drenched with the boy's endless tears.

he gently let go of the hug and cupped jungkook's face, using his thumbs to wipe his little brother's tears. smiling sadly at the younger, jin stood up and composed himself.

they then heard their old doorbell being rung multiple times as well as loud banging on the door, they knew exactly who it was.

"jungkook-ah, jin hyung will go now, okay? promise me to take care of yourself and study hard. i'll be back to get you once i've earned enough money for the both of us, alright?" jin kissed jungkook's forehead, it was short but sweet, then ran to the back door. jungkook sniffled, staring at jin's running figure and whispered,

"jin hyung, why can't i come with you?"