matter

jin sighed, trudging down the street. every step he made seemed heavy, he didn't know if he was going to the right path or if he was just leading himself to a danger zone. jin remembered what his father told him,

"if you don't get a job to give me some fucking cash, you'll end up seeing your annoying ass brother dead."

he couldn't risk it. he had to get a job, jungkook's life was on the line. it didn't matter if he had to work his ass off everyday, as long as jungkook stayed safe, he's fine.

"it's okay, jin. you're gonna get a job and earn enough money to take jungkook with you and live a good life after this hardship, okay?" jin attempted to reassure himself, breathing in and out.

"so if i get a job, you won't hurt jungkook until i come back?"

"yeah, whatever, i won't."

but he wasn't sure if his father was gonna keep his word. heck, he didn't trust his father at all. jin shook his head repeatedly, he shouldn't think of things like this.

happy vibes, jin, happy and sunny vibes. sunshine and rainbows. kitties and puppies.

jin then continued walking and stopped abruptly when he saw a sign that said 'hiring'. it was a bakery. he smiled a little and entered the place.

"excuse me?" he tapped a woman in a uniform's shoulder. she turned around and looked at jin, crossing her arms against her chest.

"what?" her beady eyes met his hopeful ones.

"uhm, i read a sign that said you were hiring?"

"oh. yeah, we are." her eyes scanned jin from head to toe, "sorry, you don't seem qualified for the job." she responded.

"but ma'am, i desperately need the jo-"

"i'm sorry, young man, i can't hire you."

jin sighed heavily, his shoulders slumping and he started to walk towards the exit of the bakery.

"... hold on, you need a job... right? any job?" the woman tilted her head. jin instantly faced back with a smile.

"yes! any job as long as it pays well!" jin nodded, a bit of hope rising in his chest.

"well, i do have an aunt who's in need of a housemaid, if you're okay with that?"

jin thought, "what? a housemaid?"

he sighed, he had to take the opportunity while it was here, "sure!"

"alright, great! you can sit on one of the chairs there while i call my aunt." jin walked and sat on a chair, placing his bags on the floor.

a few minutes later...

the woman walked towards jin, "so here's the address of my aunt's house, just tell them you're the housemaid that i sent." she handed jin a piece of paper.

jin nodded and mumbled a 'thanks', walking out of the café.