is

jin was done doing the chores, fortunately. he had nothing else to do but rest. jin walked to his room, opened the door and sat down. he pulled out his mom's old phone and unlocked it, scrolling through all the pictures and selfies they took together.

"we looked so happy, mom. why didn't we protect you, why didn't we think of escaping?!"

he didn't realize that he was crying. tears continuously streaming down jin's cheeks. jin always felt vulnerable when the topic was about his mother. he sniffled, clutching a handful of his hair in his hands, silently screaming.

jin started recalling every happy memory he had with his mom, all before the incident happened.

flashback-

"mom! look at what i drew!" jungkook ran to his mother, showing her a family portrait he had drawn.

his mother smiled, "aw sweetheart, you're good at drawing! this looks beautiful."

jungkook grinned shyly, "thanks, mom!"

she nodded, "kookie-ah, you can go study first while jin and i prepare dinner, okay?"

jungkook nodded repeatedly, kissing his mother's cheek then ran to his room.

"mom! do i add the kimchi or rice first?" jin yelled from the kitchen. his mother walked to where jin was, taking the cooking utensil from him.

"this is how you do it, honey." she taught him how to cook multiple dishes and jin was glad that he learned them from her. that he learned it from the best mother ever.

after dinner was cooked, the three ate their supper, chatting with each other about topics that ranged from jungkook's crush in art class to jin planning on taking culinary as his course if he would ever have the chance to attend college.

a continuous cycle of the doorbell ringing alerted them. their eyes widened, the two children ran and hid behind their mother, who was shaking uncontrollably as well.

she tried to hide it but it could be seen. her fear could be seen.

"yah!" the door burst open, revealing the man they dreaded to see, "what the fuck is this?" their father's eyes looked at the food in disgust.

"this shit again?! ah fuck, you can't even give me money and instead you use it to buy ingredients for this shit?! fuck you!"

he was drunk. obviously. their mother always wondered why she married this man.

she thought he was caring, loving, responsible and hardworking. but she was wrong. so wrong in many different levels. instead, he was hot-tempered, abusive and psychotic.

"dear, i'm sorr-"

"shut the fuck up, you bitch!" he shoved her to the ground, not caring that his wife whimpered at the pain his pushing created.

"now where the fuck are those little shits?" jungkook and jin were quivering with fear. they hated to see their mother like that, but they couldn't to anything. their mother was hurt, injured even. she looked at the boys, her eyes beginning to water.

she mouthed, "go to your room, i'll be fine." but the boys knew she was lying. they didn't want to leave their precious mom alone with their abusive father.

"all of you are so ungrateful! asses!" their father threw an empty wine bottle at a specific direction, not knowing where he was aiming at.

it hit her.

it hit her head.

their father saw what happened and hurriedly left the house afterwards. the boys ran to their injured mother, her head was bleeding too much. she would suffer hemorrhage, maybe even something much worse.

jungkook and jin didn't care if they were stepping on glass shards, they had to try to save their mother.

"hyung, call the ambulance, quick!"

jin nodded and ran to find his mother's phone, dialling 911.

"they're coming!" jin looked at his mother, tears endlessly falling from his eyes, "mom, hang on! don't leave us like this!" their mother was too weak. she attempted to smile a little bit.

"m-my beautiful... s-sons, stay s-safe," she coughed, "s-study hard for m-mom, i love y-you, j-jungkook and j-jin"

"no!! mom! please!" the two brothers cried so hard that night. they wished it was just a bad dream.

sadly, it wasn't. everything was real. everything had happened right before their innocent eyes.

they were at the hospital. their mother was on one of the beds. the doctor slowly walked towards the boys who had puffy, red eyes.

"i'm sorry, we tried our best."