grieving,

"h-hyung, when are you coming back?" jungkook silently wept inside his room, his palm over his bruised cheek. he felt the charm on the necklace that jin left him with, hoping it would reassure him a little bit.

"mom, i wish you were still here..."

he heard the door burst open.

"yah! you piece of shit! i'm leaving, eat dinner alone!" his father growled and slammed the door shut. jungkook just stayed there. he didn't know what to do. he needed jin.

he wiped his tears with the back of his hand. jungkook decided to pass time by studying so he grabbed his bag and pulled out his notebook.

"aish, i forgot to tell jin hyung that my notebook was full and ripped."

jungkook face-palmed. he had no money and he needed a brand new notebook for school. he sighed, "i can still use this notebook, right? i'll just write smaller..."

jungkook opened his bulky notebook and started studying.

a few hours later...

his stomach churned. jungkook was hungry. he looked at the inaccurate clock that they always relied on and it was 8:06 pm.

jungkook stood up and walked to their small kitchen. he gripped on the unwieldy handle of one of the cupboards and swung it open.

there was barely anything there. just some expired bread and hard cookies in a container. jungkook sighed and pulled out the container with cookies and brought it to his room.

"this will be my dinner for today then,

or maybe for the whole week."