Chapter Nine

I woke to a pounding on the front door. I stood feeling dizzy as I made my way to the door. I opened it to see Alice frowning at me.

"What do you want?" I ask tiredly. Her eyes widened in disbelief as I remembered that I was getting married in three hours. "Well why are you just standing there? Get your ass in here and make me pretty." I said backing away so she could come in.

"Did you tell Clark last night?" I asked rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"Yeah. He was thrilled. I would ask if you told Jason but I know you did. He smiled all night. Well except for when I took the phone from him." Alice said making me laugh.

"I'm going to go get the dress make sure Cassidy is getting ready." I said running up the stairs into my room.

"Seriously! I still can't see the dress!" Alice called after me. I laughed as I ran into my room and locked the door. Nobody has seen my dress. Only me. I reached into my closet and walked to the back wall. I raised my hand and knocked three times and the secret door flew open.

I pulled out the dress and quickly hung it on the door. I took a quick shower before I blow dried my hair and pulled the dress on. I looked down at the white satin material and sigh. It was strapless and floor length.

There's a knock on the bedroom door. "Grace? Can I come in?" Alice calls as I slowly walk toward the door. I open the door and she stands there staring at me.

"Well are you going to just stand there and stare or are you going to say something." I asked her with a small smile.

"Oh my god you look gorgeous!" Alice exclaimed wrapping me in a hug.

"No I don't but thanks anyways. So is Cassidy dressed?" I ask looking past her towards Cassidy's room.

"She is just fine. The most adorable little girl I think I have ever seen. Now you are going to come in here and set down. I'm going to make you look even better." Alice said grabbing my arm as I was starting out the door to check on my baby.

"I thought you weren't going to offer." I said with a smile as I let her lead me to the chair in the corner of the room. I sat down and smirked up at her. The second it dawned on her a frown grew on her face.

"You just played me didn't you?" Alice asked causing me to laugh. She shook her head as she walked into my bathroom to grab my makeup. "I'm going with simple." She said pulling out foundation, eye shadow, mascara, and my favorite lipstick.

"Good. I wouldn't let you do any thing else." I said closing my eyes and letting her work her simple magic. "So how are you and Clark?" I ask breaking the silence.

"Good." Alice said after a moment of silence. I opened my eyes and looked up at her. She looked on the verge of tears and her hands were staring to shake.

"Alice Holden. Tell me the truth what's wrong? Do I need to hurt a bitch?" I asked bringing a small smile to her face for a split second. But when it fell so did her arms and she slowly slumped to the ground.

"I told Clark about the pregnancy last night. He said he doesn't want children. He said he loved me and wanted to marry me but he didn't want our baby. I broke up with him. He wanted me to have an abortion." Alice said and the dam broke. Tears flowed freely down her makeup clear face.

I pulled her into a hug and let her cry her eyes out. "Shh. Everything will work out. He'll come to his senses. You have to calm down okay? Trust that God has a plan for you two. Pray about it. And I think you two should have a talk." I said causing her to pull back.

"A talk? About what? He made it pretty clear last night how he felt about babies." Alice said wiping tears from her cheeks.

"But did he explain why he felt that way? Did you tell him how you felt?" I asked standing and pulling her to her feet.

"No. I told him I wasn't having an abortion and if he pushed the subject we were over. He turned around and left. He didn't come home last night. I'm so angry at him right now but I'm also worried I haven't heard from him and his phone keeps going to voicemail." Alice said tears welling up again.

"Would you feel better if I call Jason and see if he's there?" I asked and she nodded weakly. I reached down onto my nightstand and got my phone. It rang three times before Jason picked up. "Jay? Is Clark there?" I ask as a greeting.

"No. I thought he was there with Alice. Grace is something wrong?" Jason asked worriedly.

"No. Everything is fine. I think he had to run by the dry cleaners this morning. I'm sure he will be there in no time. Alice is getting angry she still has to fix my hair and makeup. I should go. Luv you!" I shouted making it seem as if Alice had taken my phone.

"Ali. He's not there. Jason hasn't seen him. He thought he was here with you. I'm assuming you didn't tell Jason about last night." I said with a frown as she shakes her head no.

"I didn't want to bother either of you. Today's supposed to be the happiest day of your lives and I just single handedly ruined it." Alice said with more tears pooling in her eyes.

"Alice Holden. You come first. You are my best friend and what hurts you hurts me. So right now you and I are going to go find Clark. And you two are going to have a nice long talk. Got it?" I ask and she started shaking her head.

"You will end up late for your wedding." Alice said still shaking her head no.

"I don't care. Jason will understand even if no one else does." I said in my don't-argue-it's-not-going-to-help voice. "Let's go." I said grabbing her hand and walking down the hall and getting Cassidy.