Epilogue

Four years later.

November 28, 2022

Not much has changed in the last four years. Jason and I had a little boy who is the meanest little shit that ever loved. He picks on Cassidy who at the age of nine is totally into makeup and music. But everyone is flawed one way or another and we still love them. I'm still in remission and I hope the cancer is really gone for good.

But lately I have been feeling kind of tired. And I have all the same symptoms that I did five years ago. I haven't told Jason and I go for my check up tomorrow. Clark and Alice have two little twin girls. They are the cutest things that ever walked this earth.

Alice was surprised when she got pregnant on accident too. She almost died during birth but Clark performed an emergency c- section. Saved all three of them. One day they hope to adopt because they don't want to risk hurting Alice or the baby.

Clark gave me this journal and told me to write everything I wanted down in it. Said that it is just another step in the recovery process. Maybe it is but deep down I know I don't have much time left in this world. Deep down I always knew I would never live a full life.

That's why I agreed to the journal idea. And it's time to say my goodbyes to each and everyone of the people I love.  Below is my goodbyes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Jason,

I love you and I'm sorry. I should have went to Clark sooner with my suspicion but I wanted to live life to the fullest. I wanted to be truly happy. But I realized a little to late that as long as I was with you Jase I am the happiest person in the world.

Thank you for everything. You were always there when I needed you. You never failed to make me laugh at the saddest parts or frustrate me to the point of tears at others. But that's how a marriage works.

I wish is had longer but I know it's almost over. I've been to the point I could barely breath lately and I cover it up. I became good at putting on the brave everything is okay face.

I realize that I never needed to pretend around you. I hope some day you find someone else that fills the empty void in your heart. And Jase I don't want you to ever be alone. I want you to find someone to love and someone that loves you.

Don't be scared to move on. I understand a person can only be alone for so long. But Jase I love you more than I ever loved myself. I'm sorry but I can't write anymore my hands are shaking and I can no longer breath.

I love you forever and ever,
Grace
--------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest this is not how I originally planned for this story to end. But if you all comment and vote I will write and alternative ending and you can pick which one stays as the true epilogue. This was actually hard for me to write. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it.