First date.

"Waky waky, sleepy head", my phone's alarm sounded. I smiled as I woke up. I knelt down and prayed to God. I went for some jogging again and felt good about it. I remembered how I met Fred the other time.

I went straight to the bathroom and had a cool warm bath. I wore a pink dress with down flat shoes. I met him at the coffee shop and we hugged. He ordered for the coffee and we enjoyed it as we had our chat. He came with his car so decided to follow me as we went to my house.
"You have a lovely house"
"Thank you Jack".

I invited him in and served him with a mix fruit drink. I had already prepared breakfast so served him with some on the dinning table. He enjoyed it and I was glad about that. He made me feel good but I deprived myself from feeling that way. He left after that and promised to call that evening. He thanked me for joining him for that coffee and the meal. I told him to thank God not me. We both laughed and he left.

I woke up Sunday morning with a slit headache. I felt weak and lasy but didn't want that to be an excuse for me not to go to church. I went early this time around. I noticed that the choir master wanted to me to sing again but I gave him a sign saying next time. He smile and said okay. I left immediately to buy some medicine for it. Took it as soon as I went home and massaged my head with a cold towel. Jack called, he noticed from my voice that I wasn't well. He rushed to my home and bought some foodstuffs to prepare light soup for me. He made me relax and by the time I knew it I was asleep. He spent all his time in the kitchen to make sure it was perfect, after that he tidied up the place. Fetched enough into a bowl and brought it to me. He stopped in his tracks and looked at me with warm eyes.
She is looking all beautiful, I just can't get my mind off her. She makes me happy always and would never think of loosing her. She has this thing about her that I can't get my hands on. I thank God for bring her my way. I just pray we end up together.

He gently patted me on the arm and told me to wash my face before drinking the soup. I did just that and came back. I took a sip and looked back at him after praying over it. I fetched another soup into my mouth and kept looking at him. He laughed and asked why.
"Are you sure you didn't bring this from your house to impress me? "
"No, I prepared it here. " he kept laughing.
"I'm really enjoying it, thank you "
"What are friends for? ", he knew that wasn't what he wanted to say because he wanted us to be more than friends.

He had a bowl for himself and we drunk together in silence. He took my bowl from me when I was done and washed it with his. He tucked me into bed, gave me a kiss on the forehead and we both laughed.
"I'm not a kid, Jack"
"I know that Betty, but I need to treat you now like that"
"Sleep now and will lock the door when I'm out"
"Thank you for everything, Jack. God bless you "
"Amen, now sleep"

I smiled and closed my eyes. I thought it was a dream. I felt very happy since forever. He has been good to me. I took another set of medicine and slept off.