Not so special

Today I woke up a little sick.

Everyday we have activities during all day. I didn't wanted to skip them: in part 'cause it's not allowed, in part 'cause today I have something special to do. So I resisted the urge to vomit, and I had the bright idea of ​​not eating all day  .

The first two hours were not nice at all. I just stay sitting, fearing that if I got up, I would faint, or worse, throw up in front of everyone.

Now it's lunch break. Yesterday I met a girl from another continent. She doesn't speak my language, and I don't speak hers, so we understand in english. I asked her if she'd like to have lunch together today, and she said yes. I woke up excited, the anxiety didn't matter to me, my new friend wanted to spend time with me today.

I arrived half an hour early to the place where she was supposed to be, but she wasn't. First I thought that she had gone to the bathroom, or to say hello to someone and she would be back soon, so I stayed to wait for her. Her stuff are here, so I think I should look out them until she is here again.

...

Half an hour has passed and I'm still here. When I decided to send her a message asking, I saw she posted in her social network a picture with another guys, and it looks like they are having fun.

Maybe she forgot our lunch today. No, I don't think so. She'll be back in any moment. It's ok, I'm not hungry.

...

An hour later and I start thinking she really forgot about me today. 

I'm furious. I could spend the lunch break with someone who really wanted to lunch together. I stayed for an hour and a half, thinking that she would be back in a few minutes.

No, I'm not. I'm not furious. I'm sad.

I really thought an amazing girl like her and I could be friends. This time it was supposed to be different: not being the "extra friend" as always.

It's like you and another person are friends and nobody say the opposite, but the other person has friends more important than you, and who, of course, have priority. He or she would choose them over you. And you see you are not so special. 

Author's note

Hi. This chapter was so sad, but a friend gave me the idea, thinking that maybe you could identify with that situation. Have you ever felt like that?

-A.