Too common to be the hero of the story

Since I was a little girl I've been reading stories where the main character, who is also extraordinarily beautiful, is 16 years old. Throughout story, this sweet girl suffers, but ends up living her dreams. A story of those that end saying "and they lived happily ever after".

At this moment you may thing "ok, and how does it is related with you?". Well, it's a nice introduction, but there's a little, a small huge problem: I'm 17.

I'm not saying being 17 it's something wrong, it's just... different.

In all the books that I've read, the girl is 16. The girl who does all those wonderful things, who becomes a hero, who will have her "happy ending", she is always 16 years old. And I fear that if nothing special happened when I was that age, that fairy tale is not for me.

No fairy has come to make me a princess, it is still possible?

Author's note

Hi! How are you, guys?

I'm a little afraid, 'cause it's the first story that I post, and the first short story that I write, then I don't know if you like it, so please, leave a comment if you have something to say. I'll be happy to read it.

Also I know it's a little (or maybe too) boring up to this point. But let me tell you that this is only an introduction, and the exciting part will come soon.

-A.