Tattoo (Sam Drake x F! Reader)

AN: Hey guys, I received a special request for Uncharted 4: A Thief's End for a short Sam Drake X Reader one-shot (may contain slight spoilers for Uncharted 4.) The request was for a short story in which Sam says the line, "If you're good I'll show you my other tattoo." (I was told he says this in multiplayer.) I made the reader female in this drabble, sorry but I was online shopping last night and was looking at all of these really adorable dresses... so I made the reader wear a dress. Sorry, anyway, I ended up treating this like one of my Dialogue Prompt Challenges and I hope I got it right! In the future, if you guys want to send in your own dialogue lines and a pairing I'll be happy to write little drabbles for you; if you would like. For@harleycurlyq... I hope you all enjoy it.

If someone had told you a week ago that you would be rubbing elbows with a bunch of upper class snobs then, well you would have been inclined to believe them. After all, your life had been anything but ordinary up to this point so you were prone to living in a constant state of 'anything could happen'. But then again you were a treasure hunter by trade and only days ago you had experienced something that you would have thought was impossible; just days ago, you had seen a ghost.

About a week ago, Samuel Drake, a man whom you thought was dead and buried had now made his way back into your life; you were still trying to figure out how you felt about all of this. You had known both Nate and Sam long before their time in that Panamanian jail; you worked quite a few jobs with the brothers and Sully and you continued to work with Nate Sully after Sam's 'death'. You and Nate were best friends but there had always been something more between you and Sam; the two of you had been together for a few years before you had thought Sam died. In the fifteen years that Sam had been 'dead', you had all but gotten over your feelings but when Sam walked back into your life all of those feelings came flooding back in a tidal wave of mixed emotions.

Currently, you were waiting for Nate and Sam to make their way into the building with the assistance of Sully; you had accompanied Sully as his guest because you couldn't very well scale buildings in your attire. You were wearing deep royal blue gown that fit you like a glove; it had a considerable slit that showed off a generous amount of leg which would also help your mobility if things got hairy. When you had arrived with Sully there was a major problem; someone had switched the auction order therefore pushing the bidding on Avery's cross up. You needed to wait for the rest of your team before you could truly formulate a coherent plan but your options were limited especially when you were running so low on time.

You were watching the crowds of people below as they were blissfully unaware of the plans that were being made for tonight's auction. However, this was a black market auction at the Rossi Estate, so you had to imagine that these people were at least used to shady back door deals and theft by now. A familiar accented voice called to you and placed his arm around your waist, "Well, I must say you look gorgeous this evening, Y/N."

You tried not to giggle as Sam kissed your hand, "My, my Mr. Drake, do my eyes deceive me? Or are you acting like a gentleman this evening?"

Sam gave you a mischievous wink, "Anything for you, doll. But honestly, you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen; that much hasn't changed."

You knew what Sam was trying to say but you weren't quite ready for that conversation, not yet at least, you chose to settle for witty and slightly flirtatious banter for now, "Well, you certainly clean up rather nicely, Sam." When you took in his attire, you sighed, "Well, that bow tie is a little skewed. Here let me help you," As you were fixing Sam's bow tie, you noticed a tattoo that hadn't been there all those years ago. You gently touched the visible portion of his tattoo; they looked like birds, at your touch Sam stiffened slightly but slowly relaxed, "When did you get this tattoo?"

Sam grabbed both of your hands and leaned down to whisper in your ear, his voice sent a shiver down your spine, "I'll tell you later and... if you're good I'll show you my other tattoo."

You giggled lightly, you were in trouble but to hell with it, you lowly purred, "Is that a promise, Mr. Drake?"

You giggled at the light blush that crossed his cheeks, before he groaned, "Y/N, you are driving me crazy."

The sound of clearing throats made you both swivel around toward Nate and Sully who both had huge grins on their faces. Nate sat there silently and kept on smiling while Sully said, "If you two are all finished with your flirting then maybe we can get on with the job."

You tried to regain your composure, as you walked toward the balcony, "Someone changed the order of the auction; Avery's cross was brought out of storage just before you two got here."

Sully kept smoking his cigar, "It would take an impressive bribe for them to change the order of the auction at this point."

Nate sounded annoyed, "Well what's the plan we try and steal it; right in front of the whole auction?"

A waiter passed by and your conversations halted before Sam spoke up, "A waiter wouldn't get noticed."

Sully sounded irritated, "Yeah but they're going to notice a waiter stealing a cross."

You laughed lightly and Sam smirked at you, you looked at Sully and Nate before saying, "Really gentlemen? You've both spent time in prison..."

Sam finished your sentence for you, "When you want something dirty done; you wait until..."

And suddenly Nate and Sully chimed in, "lights out!" The rest of the plan came together rather nicely after that with only a few hiccups and more ghosts from your past.