Random Drabble #20 (Sam Drake x Reader)

#20- "You need to wake up because I can't dothis without you." 

You were starting to wonder if you were just cursed when it came to finding trouble and danger wherever you went. Then again it wasn't as if you were leading a normal life, hunting for treasure and traipsing through crumbling and forgotten ruins wasn't something that people normally did in their free time. You found it difficult to imagine yourself leading a normal life; you knew that perhaps one day you would want to settle down but in this moment you were addicted to the thrill of adventure. Your lifestyle was dangerous but the rush that came with discovering ruins and cities lost in time or the acquisition of rare treasures and artifacts was oddly fulfilling.

However, your lifestyle came with an incredible amount of risk and you rarely came out of any job unscathed. And this particular job was no exception because you were desperately trying to climb the rough wall of solid rock in front of you; the rope tied haphazardly around your waist was the only thing keeping you from falling toward the ground below you. You weren't wearing any gloves so each time you gripped the jagged rock wall it sent wave after wave of biting pain through your arms. You were desperate to reach the top of this cliff because Sam was there and struggling to fight off two brutal attackers; he needed help but you weren't any good to him in your current position.

Sam had more experience than you in navigating difficult terrains so he shuffled up the rock wall in record time before securing your grappling hook and subsequent rope around a sturdy tree trunk. He urged you to tie the end of the rope around your waist as an added security measure as you shambled up the rocky edifice. Shortly after doing so, Sam was jumped by two of your unwitting enemies; whom the two of you were certain you had lost. You were desperately trying to reach Sam and come to his aid when he managed to throw one of his aggressors off the side of the cliff.

Unfortunately, when the man tumbled of the edge of the cliff he managed to grab ahold of your leg before he could plummet toward the ground below. When he did so the force of his sudden weight pulled you down; your hands dragged painfully down the rock's surface opening a series of painful cuts along your palms. You screamed involuntarily at the white hot pain now blossoming from your hands all the way up your arms; the rope that you were still attached to snapped forward before violently swinging you back towards the rock wall.

Before you had time to properly react, the side of your head collided with the thick rock wall and you screeched at the fresh intrusive pain. The man was still hanging onto your leg and you struggled to formulate a plan through your now hazy mind; you pitifully raised your left leg and smashed it against his face as hard as you could. With a howl of pain he let go of your other leg before plummeting to the ground below. A weak smile crossed your face at your minor victory but your vision was starting to slowly fade; spots of darkness bloomed and obscured your vision. You noticed that you couldn't hear anymore sounds of a struggle but rather a singular voice called out to you. Sam called out to you and you swear it was the sweetest sound you had ever heard.

Desperation quickly seeped into Sam's voice, "Oh god! Jesus, Y/N, just hold on!" You wanted to ease the worry from his mind and voice but it was suddenly so difficult to even find your voice. You were just too tired and as much as you wanted to see Sam it was just too difficult to fight through the hazy tiredness that plagued your mind. Your consciousness was fading quickly and you only vaguely felt your body being tugged upward before your world went black. Though you couldn't see him you could hear Sam's voice growing closer, "No! No, baby stay with me... Please, just open your eyes. Come on, let me see those gorgeous eyes."

You wanted to open your eyes so badly but you were just so tired, you heard Sam letting out a choked off sob that made your heart clench, "I'm so sorry, baby, but please... You need to wake up because I can't do this without you." You were trying so hard to break through the darkness and reach Sam because you couldn't stand to hear him in so much pain, "Please, Y/N... none of this means anything without you. I need you..."

Slowly you were becoming more aware of the strong presence wrapping itself around your body and it took longer than it should have to realize that Sam was holding you. You were slowly coming back to yourself when you felt a sudden pressure against your head that caused you to let out a pitiful whimper. Sam let out a watery sob, "Y/N?!"

Slowly your vision cleared and Sam's face came into view, you had never seen Sam cry and it stung to see his reddened and watery eyes searching your own in utter relief. You were barely able to raise your hand up to Sam's face to wipe away a stray tear, the movement was sluggish but you managed, "Hey Sammy..."

Sam gently pulled you closer and captured your lips in his own; you managed to rake your hand up into his hair gently keeping him close. He pulled you even closer, wrapping his arms around you before letting out a shaky breath, "I thought you were gone... I don't think I've ever been that scared in my life."

You softly tried to soothe him, "It's okay... I'm here and I'm not going anywhere."