Man of Fortune

Purple: Sophisticated, Mysterious, Dramatic, or Creative

Apple Blossom: Promise

Triangle: Dynamic, Aggressive, Conflict, or Strength

Gold: Valuable, Expensive, or Prestigious

Aloe: Healing, Protection, Affection

AN: There is a slim yet definable line betweendesire and obsession but when do you know if you've crossed that line? Y/N has seen that type of obsession and they've seen what comes with it. Y/N should have seen the signs but when Sam came back into their life it was easier to ignore the warning signs. (A bittersweet ending was requested so prepare yourselves...) [Symbolism Prompt]

Your day was just not getting any easier; it hadn't helped that shoreline seemed to know your next move even before you did. First it was your discovery of Libertalia that was so rudely interrupted by the destructive force of Shoreline thugs then it was a confrontation with Nadine herself; on the trail to New Devon. You were able to handle your own pretty well in the fight against Nadine but unfortunately the building that you had chosen to fight in was old and crumbling. Naturally the building caved in around all four of you and you fell down onto a stone cliff below. Nadine made good on her promise that she only had to hold the three of you back until her men arrived; several Shoreline soldiers appeared on Rafe's heels. Sam surprised you in the worst possible way by pulling a gun on Nadine and threatening to shoot her. Rafe was certain that Sam was bluffing and you were too but he refused to back down. You were standing across from Nathan and Sam with two guns watching your every move.

You held your breath as Nathan managed to wrestle the gun away from Sam but not before a shot was fired off. The situation got out of hand in the very blink of an eye but Rafe was never known to handle his anger. Rafe sauntered right over to Sam and smashed his gun across his face; when you made a move to run over to him Nadine stopped you by aiming her gun in your face. You directed a murderous glare at her and remained where you were.

Nathan helped Sam up to his feet, "Come on, Rafe... you've already won. You can have the treasure just let us have enough to buy his freedom."

Rafe sounded genuinely confused at Nate's interjection, "Buy his freedom?"

Nate took a moment to explain the pretense under which the three of you were here but the explanation only brought a smile to Rafe's face. He looked between the three of you before chuckling at Sam, "Oh, no... What did you tell them, Sam?" Sam looked defeated and Rafe continued to chuckle, "Hector Alcazar died in a shoot-out six months ago. I was the one that got Sam out of Jail; he's been with me for the past two years."

Rafe continued to talk but you couldn't hear him any longer, you looked over to Sam and he met your eyes briefly before looking away. The hint of shame or perhaps despair darkened his hazel eyes for the briefest moment. You had been so blind and maybe what you weren't admitting to yourself was the fact that you had known something wasn't right from the very start. Two years... Sam had been out of prison and in that entire time he hadn't contacted you or Nathan. When you looked back up Rafe was pointing his gun at Nathan and Sam; your eyes widened in alarm but you were still being kept in place by Nadine's gun.

Nathan raised his voice, "You'll never find the treasure without us, Rafe. You need us..."

Rafe shrugged his shoulders and lowered his gun slightly, "You're right. Well, you're half right. I just need Sam." And with that Rafe raised his gun toward Nate and fired a bullet; Sam jumped in front of Nathan knocking Nathan backwards; Nathan fell down the Cliffside directly behind him.