Chapter 15 "Paparazzi"

A/N: Seems like the story is getting interesting, huh? Enjoy people!!

Niall's P.O.V

She had been sitting like that for a while now. Hugging her knees tightly as she sat by the window and her eyes locked on the piece of paper she held in her hand. Her long hair cascaded down her back in beautiful waves and her moist, soft lips was pressed tightly against each other.

I could practically see the wheels turning in her head, but I wasn't sure if she had noticed me. I had been standing here and just admiring her beauty for a while now. It actually reminded me of the day I met her. It was such a familiar expression to see her completely lost in her thoughts like this.

I didn't want to interrupt her though. All this had been too much for her. And the conversation with Richard a couple of days ago had been the last drop.

"Niall..." Zayn cleared his throat behind me and I turned my head to look at him. He just smiled at me and gave me a gentle push towards Amery.

"She needs you. Go talk to her" Was all he said before he went upstairs to the guys again.

I nodded my head and silently walked over to Amery, sitting down beside her and opening my arms. She sighed and closed her eyes as I embraced her.

"You wanna talk about this?" I mumbled into her hair. She just sighed again, shaking her head.

"Not now... I think I've said enough" She whispered.

"Okay" I simply said, hugging her tighter. If she didn't want to talk, she didn't want to talk. That's how simple it was. I was not going to force her into anything.

When you try your best, but you don't succeed

When you get what you want, but not what you need

When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep

Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face

When you lose something you can't replace

When you love someone, but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

I softly sang into her ear. I knew how much she loved when I sang for her. It seemed to calm her down and that's exactly what she needed right now; To calm down. This was her favorite song. And Coldplay was her favorite band (No, I didn't see that as offending!)

"Niall..." She sniffled. I rubbed her back soothingly.No more crying, please.

"Yeah?"

"D-Do you think he ever thinks about me?" She asked quietly.

"He probably does, princess. You're his sister. He loves you although he never met you" I answered completely genuine.

Amery was so strong. I don't even know what I would do if I was in her position. I admired her so much.

She tightened her grip in me.

"I wish I knew where he was" She cried, her tears spilling on my shirt.

"That I could meet him and just talk things through" She added.

I felt so bad. I couldn't do anything about this.Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I wish I could find him for her.  Yet another thing that was absolutely impossible. We had no idea where this guy moved to?!

This whole situation was a complete mess! I tried my best to lighten up Amery's mood. I had taken her to the movies last night as we watched "The Avengers", that she had begged me to take her to several times but not even that made her happy. I just missed her smile.

"Just remember I'm here, princess. Just for you. If you wanna talk things through I'm right here" I said.

"Thank you Niall. I love you" She whispered her voice finally suddenly sounding happy. I smiled at that comment and pulled out to kiss her.

"I love you more, princess. And now let's get something to eat" I said and got up to pull her up on her feet.

I kissed her cheek and told her to sit down on the couch while I fixed us something to eat. I was halfway through the first sandwich when I heard the TV being turned on. I smiled.

Slowly but surely Amery would be her old smiling self again. The wonderful bubbly girl I loved so much it hurts.

I heard "One Thing" play and I instantly knew it was Amery's phone.

I turned around to pick it up from the table behind me.

It was Taylor.

"Hey Taylor! What's up?" I asked her.

"Hey Niall!" She said but didn't sound completely as her normal self. Something was wrong...

"Um are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But I'm not sure about you" She said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. What?

"Are the TV on?" She asked. I just nodded when I suddenly realized that she couldn't see me.

"Um yeah why?" I said in a clearly suspicious tone.

"Watch the news and you'll know" She said and then hung up quickly. What the heck was going on?

"Am! Taylor called and told us to watch the news" I yelled to Amery.

"Really? Why?" She yelled back.

"I have no idea" I answered. Was it yet another rumour about the band? Like that one time Liam was dead? Or when Harry had left the band? Stupid crazy rumours! Whatever it was it couldn't be good if you looked at the way Taylor had sounded on the phone.

I grabbed a plate and placed the two freshly made sandwiches to accompany Amery on the couch. She snuggled into my side and took a bite of one of the sandwiches as I lazily draped and arm around her shoulder. She shifted channel and we both gasped at the screen.

"Niall Horan and new girlfriend?" Amery read the title aloud and covered her mouth with her hand. There on live TV was a picture of the two of us leaving the cinema last night, hand in hand. But how? We had been sure there was no paparazzies?

"Shit" I mumbled to myself. It wasn't exactly that way I wanted to go public. I couldn't do anything but confirm it now. It was pretty obvious that we were a couple.

My phone started buzzing in my pocket and fumbled with it before I finally picked up, sighing and thinking what the heck now. Oh it's right. The scolding must begin...

"Hey Paul...." I sighed and ran a hand through my messy hair. Oh oh...