Chapter 17 "United"

Amery's P.O.V

"Ryan?" I sobbed as I wrapped my arms tightly around him and breathed in his scent. He smelled so familiar yet so unknown... He cried into my shoulder as he tightened his grip and held onto me like he was afraid that he'll lose me if he ever let go.

"I'm so sorry, Amery! I'm so so sorry I left you!! But I had to! Do you understand that?" He asked and looked up at me with a pleading look in his hazel-green eyes that were so similar to mine. We were so alike...

He took my hands in his and squeezed them tightly.

"Please, Am! Please understand it! I had to" He cried and I finally snapped out of my daze and hugged him again a few tears making their way down my cheeks.

"It's okay, Ryan... It's okay" I cooed softly, rubbing small, comforting circles on his back. His harsh sobbing stopped and he started to calm down, melting into my touch.

He slowly pulled away his gaze travelling up my body to meet my watery eyes. He wiped the tears away and cupped my face softly, studying my facial features and smiling to himself.

"You look exactly like her" He sighed and started playing with my hair, twisting and pulling the ends of it like Niall had done so many times before.

"Your hair... Your eyes... Your smile" He said and tickled me gently to get me to smile. After all those years he still knew my weak spots and how annoyingly ticklish I was.

"Just look at that.... Look at my beautiful baby sister" He said, his voice cracking at the word 'sister'

I gave myself the time to let all of this sink in... He was home! My brother was home!

I made sure to mesmerize his face... The face I hadn't seen for years and that had changed a lot since then. His hair were a lighter brown than mine and slightly curly... his eyes still had that playful, fun-loving spark I remembered from when we were kids and his lips were curved in a half smile, showing of his pearly whites. He was beautiful... Absolutely breathtaking. And he was back where he belonged; Home.

I heard Niall clear his throat from behind and turned around to face him... His blue eyes shined with joy and happiness and a smile was plastered on his face as he watched the two of us finally reunited after years of separation and I smiled back at him, loving the fact that he felt happy for me.

"Come on, princess... Let's bring Ryan inside to greet your dad" He said and lightly took my hand as I pulled Ryan with me.

"Dad?" I called and almost instantly his head peeked out of the corner. He gasped loudly as he recognized the tall, dark-haired boy in front of him. He opened his arms and Ryan gladly gave him a hug.

"You're home!! Finally..." Dad said softly as he hugged Ryan tightly, happy that the family was finally united.

"Sit down everyone! Off with the coats" He said joyfully and went into the kitchen to make us some tea.

"How did you guys find him? How did you know where we lived? I thought you were in a America?" I asked curiously as I held my brothers hand tightly. Ryan laughed softly, a sweet contagious laugh that instantly made me smile.

"It's actually a pretty funny story! And you can thank your boyfriend over there for most of it" He smiled at Niall who smiled back although he looked rather confused.

"How? What did he do?" I asked. Ryan gave my hand a gently squeeze and told me to calm down which I immediately obliged.

"Well he's famous! That did most of it! I read a article about the two of you back in the states and I immediately recognized your name. Therefore, I made uncle Sam help me fly out here and I started to do some research, like getting your address and so on. All I needed was a lift to your house and when these two suddenly just popped out of nowhere I knew everything was going to be okay" He said smiling warmly at Harry and Taylor.