Chapter 5 - Calm before the storm

(WARNING - This Chapter has scenes of explicit sex)

Julia Talbert watched the taxi carrying Alec and Jenny disappear from sight, Jack was right for once, those two are good people. I am going to enjoy helping them out.

"What the hell are you doing here Talbert?"

Julia turned to see Elivia Mycroff and two men getting out of a car. Well, the cat and mouse game begins. "Good Evening Elivia, I could ask you the same thing? I am here to meet with my clients DCI Hardy and DC Lord. Why are you here?

A black angry look replaced the smug smile on Mycroff's face. "Your client's thought you only dealt with high-class people now. Those who can afford to pay your exorbitant fees."

"Really Elivia, money has nothing to do with how classy a person is. As far as someone affording my fees, I still do plenty of pro-bono cases for those who need it. But you haven't answered my question, why are you here?"

Mycroft answered grudgingly,"I am here to interview Lord again and search the house for missing police property."

Julia smiled a cat eating canary grin, "Sorry, Lord and Hardy are gone. As far as searching their house, I hope you have a search warrant. Otherwise, I might have to bring you up on charges."

"Where have you stashed them, Talbert? You are interfering in an authorized investigation."

"I doubt that Elivia. My client's location is privileged and they refuse to answer any more of your questions until the tribunal. You had ample time to ask all your questions this morning, any more will have to wait till the hearing. Oh, and you will refer any future inquiries of my clients through me. Goodby Elivia!"

Mycroff angrily motioned her men back to their car and stomped her way back, slamming the door.

Laughing, Julie dialed the number of DI Miller, she had been given by Hardy. "DI Ellie Miller, this is Julia Talbert, the barrister for Hardy and Lord. I would like to set up a time for meeting tomorrow, pursuant to the charges brought against them. I understand you are DC Lord's immediate supervisor and can give details to relationship paperwork, she and DCI Hardy completed and gave to you."

"You must be Jack's friend. Anytime is fine with me, if I'm allowed to speak to you. PSD and DI Mycroff, may not let me."

"I am DI Miller. Elivia Mycroff can't stop me from speaking to you. So say nine in the morning, and even though you are not a client, a little free legal advice. If Mycroff shows up and wants to search your home, you don't have to comply without a warrant? Till tomorrow then."

****

The sun was dipping in the sky as Alec helped Jenny out of the taxi at the Gillingham Station. He was surprised when he went to pay the driver and found the fare had been prepaid when ordered. "Alec, do we have time to get something to eat. I'm starved. Where are we going, Brighton?."

Alec took his glasses out of his pocket,"I don't know, let me take a look at the railway tickets. We have tickets to Shoreham-by-Sea and we have about 45 minutes before it leaves. So yes we have time to get something to eat." He continued to read the tickets and groaned, "Ugh."

"Ugh, what is it, Lover?"

"The trip will take over three hours and we have two changes. At least we have first class tickets, but we won't arrive until 10 PM."

"Can we check into the Bed and Breakfast that late at night?"

"I hope so sweetheart, otherwise we might have to sleep on the beach. Well, let's get you something to eat. What do you want?"