Beanies, Snapbacks, And Other Hats I Steal From Your Head

Blake POV

"Good morning!" I chirped, sitting on the couch in between Luke and Calum. Calum grunted and Luke did his head- bob thing (that I'll never understand) in reply. My phone dinged and I picked it up.

From: Mali is Amazing!

Watcha doin? Cal- pal behaving? ;)

I groaned. Mali- Koa had shipped Cake, or Balum, from the very moment Calum laid eyes on me in year 3. Both Calum and I hated it, but Mali claimed we pretended to hate it to cover up our "true" feelings: for each other.

From: Me

Bitch, I would rather jump off a cliff.

I clicked send and put my phone next to me.

"We're getting breakfast." Luke informed me, walking out of the bathroom with a VANS beanie covering half his head.

"I'm not coming." I replied defiantly.

"Calum isn't either, so you're stuck with him." he said. I looked at a passed out Calum on the couch. "and by the looks of it, you'll have a good time!"

I nodded and commanded, "Go get food."

Luke, Michael, and Ashton filed out of the bus, and I plopped on the couch. My phone dinged, and I unlocked it to see a text from Mali.

From: Mali is Amazing!

Oh, we both know how you really feel!

I rolled my eyes. Yeah, sure. I was going to fall head over heels in love with Calum Hood. Like hell I will.

From: me

U can keep your dreams to yourself, thanks.

"Ugh, she really is annoying, isn't she?" I jumped, and I snapped around.

"But, you were just passed out over there," I say pointing at the couch Calum was just sleeping on.

"I woke up." He said as if I was stupid, making me roll my eyes.

I shifted uncomfortably due to Calum's closeness. He must've noticed because he scooched away a bit.

Calum got up and disappeared into the bunk area. I frowned. Was I really that bad? My thoughts were cleared when he reappeared with a beanie similar to Luke's on his head, though. I giggled when he tried to fix his hair, but only made it stick straight up in the air. "Fine, then, smart- ass. You fix it!"

I rolled my eyes and sat closer to him. My fingers shook when I moved to swoop Calum's hair, and he smirked down at me when I managed to look at him. I gulped. Why did he have this effect on me?

Calum grabbed my hand when I was done and said, "What's this?" I followed his gaze to my arrow tattoo.

"A... tattoo?" I stuttered, staring at my arm.

"What's it signify?" Calum questioned. Why does he suddenly care?

"I went through a rough time when I was 15, and my friend said this to me whenever I was down."

I gazed down at my wrist. For all the bad that seems to plague us, I swear to you there's good. "There has to be some kind of good for me to come along on this trip."

"Like what?" He cocked his head to the side.

I grinned. "Like this." I snatched his beanie off his head and ran off, slipping it on my head. I hid behind the couch, and sat quietly. "Blake, I swear to you I won't give you back your phone for the rest of the trip if you don't give me back my beanie!" I scoffed, then covered my mouth. Shit!

In one swift movement, Calum had me over his shoulder, laughing and pleading for him to let me down. "Never!" He shouted. Calum tossed me in the couch, and began tickling me.

"We're back, and we have breakfast burr- oh, hi, guys!" Luke walked in at the worst possible moment. Calum was hovering over me on the couch, tickling me, and I was underneath him. Heat rushed to my cheeks, and I pushed Calum off me, standing up.

"It looks like you guys had fun..." Michael smirked, pointing at my head. My hand flew to it, and my hair was tangled and messy.

"No! It's not like that, you see..." I stammered.

"And Cal, your hair is matted, too!"

Stupid beanie...

"I was tickling her! I swear, I will get struck by lightning if we... You get what I mean!" Calum explained.

I sighed and walked off to my bunk, away from the bickering boys. The mattress creaked when I sat on it, but it was still comfortable. I plugged in my headphones and turned on my music, and Green Day popped up. Turning it up all the way, I sighed and listened to the lyrics.

"I walk a lonely road

The only one that I have ever known

Don't know where it goes

But it's home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street

On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Where the city sleeps

And I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk a..."

Someone tapped me, and I opened my eyes to see a solemn Calum. I paused the music. "What?"

"Want company? I brought headphones and a connector."

"Sure." I gave him a small smile, letting him sit next to me. Although he could be the biggest ass, he also could be nice.

"I love this song." he mumbled.

"Me too. I feel like it's the story of my life." I nodded.

"My shadow's the only one that walks beside me

My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating

Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me

'Til then I walk alone..."

"That's one of my favorites, you know." Calum said.

"Yeah, mine too." I replied.

"And you're not alone."

As American Idiot started, I smiled. My thoughts were clouded, but I could only think one thing: Do I like Calum?

____

Wow, that was cray!

What did you think of Blake's tattoo? And what was her problem? Will it happen again?

Teaser: Ashton has a question...