Chapter Two

Claire prepared myself for the sudden impact, a cold surface to meet her face and bruise her nose. The scream died in her throat as she felt the opposite. Instead there was a slight pull on her body, a sharp pain in her brain made her gasp and the feeling like she was passing through a jello substance. She kept her eyes closed, scared at what she would see if she opened them, her body felt weightless, suspended without gravity. This all happened in a blur of a moment before she felt something underneath her feet once more.

"You can open your eyes now pruina."

Claire slowly opened her eyes and almost screamed for the second time that day.

Instead of seeing a rock wall, she saw a whole other world.

They had exited into some sort of train station. Although it was a bullet train and it was very high off the ground. It zipped straight through the center of the building, high platforms lined it on both sides. She faced green eyes and realized her hands were balled into fists, his shirt gripped in her fingers. His nose was centimeters away from hers and he was looking at her, a look of amusement plastered on his smug face. Claire pulled away hastily, and bumped into Ashley. The two girls stared at the blank wall that they had just appeared from. What they had done was impossible. Claire wasn't even sure what they had done.

"I warned you there was some weird Harry Potter stuff going on." Claire whispered to Ashley and received a shocked look back. They turned back around to stare in awe at the building they had just magically entered. Whatever had happened, there was no going back.

The walls and ceiling were made purely of glass so that they could see outside. The sky was still the same blue as before, clouds moving lazily across, and a bird avidly chasing another. As green eyes led them outside Claire's jaw dropped.

In the distance a castle loomed to a massive height, the width equally as big. The castle was made of solid white stone, and flags hung from tons of spires that protruded from towers; an intricate design Claire couldn't make out from the distance. The lower quarter of the castle was surrounded by a thick gray brick wall.

Claire squeaked as she noticed a dragon perched on the wall above the iron gates that allowed entry into the palace. It was large enough to been seen from where Claire was standing, it's body looming over the entrance. Its yellow cat like eyes scanned, its dark green scaly body so still you would think it was a statue; all except for the swishing tail. He had black spikes that ran down the center of his back that seemed sharp enough to impale the brick it was guarding.

"That's a dragon." Ashley said, gripping Claire's arm and squeezing. This was all physically impossible. One should not be able to go through a rock wall and emerge into a completely different place. Claire was even more confused than before. She no longer had any idea where she was, she still didn't know who the two guys were, or why she was wanted by the couple in the park. Why there was an amazingly realistic dragon. And that wasn't even the beginning as Claire shifted her gaze to the people that were milling about.

She was astonished as it looked like she had entered a real-life history book. One boy was wearing a full suit of armor, the metal glistening under the sun. He was on horseback, a sword strapped to his waist. He had dark blue skin and white freckles. His eyes were the same large black pupils and yellow outline as the two in the park and Claire shifted so the boy wouldn't spot her. Her action, however, had not gone unnoticed.

"It's okay, not everyone is like those two in the park. You're safe here." Green eyes assured her and sure enough the knight trotted away without so much as a glance in her direction.