Beautiful

Carrie's POV

We don't deal with outsiders very well

They say newcomers have a certain smell

Yeah trust issues not to mention

They're saying they can can smell your intentions

They opened with Heathens. This band is everything I have ever dreamed. The bass is booming. I can feel the music in my bones. The crispness of Tyler's voice is enchanting. He is easily the new generation's Freddie Mercury. And Josh?

The drumming moves my souls captivating my spirit. Every note every beat is full of power, control, and passion.

I have never felt more alive.

As a crowd we all are one. We know all the songs. We enjoy each other's company. We love this place.
This is a safe space.

"Who's happy to be alive today" Tyler shouts as the crowd erupts in a loud roar.

We are all here with one common purpose. Anything we've been carrying with us outside of here was left outside of the venue.

Tonight we are safe. We are human. We are one. Nothing can get us down. We are all connected and empowered.

Tyler plays a few new songs which we of course love.

But then we hear it. The opening note of the original era. Implicit demand for Proof.

Who would've ever thought we could still hear some old ones?

They play snippets of each masterpiece

Air catcher

March to the sea

Johnny boy

Taxi cab

Trapdoor

For once. I am happy to be alive today
I'm so lucky to be apart of this.
This is the perfect night.

"What is this!?" I hear a girl screaming behind me.
I look up and smile. This is a favorite of mine.

"Open the slits in your face
And start your day" Tyler belts.

I nearly sob.
I never thought this day would come. One of their most beautiful pieces live in concert.

The crowd is a beautiful sight to see. We all sway together with out flashlights up. We are beautiful. This band is beautiful.

I close my eyes:

"Know you were made holy
Open up your eyes and see
The clouds above will hold you
The clouds above will sing"

The piano grows softer and Tyler is crying.
Aren't we all though?

Softly and sweetly he finished the song with his powerful runs.
"Thank you" he tells us all.

Tyler leaves and returns almost instantly in his new outfit. Another persona I see. My all time favorite however will always be the kimono though. Meanwhile Josh has been setting up his mobile kit.

"ARE YOU STILL WITH ME?" Tyler Screams. Again the crowd is loud and ready. Nothing can stop us.

A pop reggae beat fills the arena. What I recognize halfway through is they've made their own Ride and Nico and the Niners mash up. It's weird. It's different. It's unexpected. But it's amazing.

These two are so incredibly talented. I can't help but fall in love with them all over again. It's amazing what live music an do for you.

And then we reach the final quarter.