Chapter 9: Old Friends.

Zira walked over to Teray and smiled at him. "Teddy, you are so grown up! But what I really want to know is why you are so concerned about Nevark and his bonded child." Teray looked at her, his eyes glowing red.

"Why are you-- child? That is not his kid! Why did you call her that?" He demanded an answer, raising his voice at her. Zira began to chuckle slightly, walking over to Destan and looking at the photo album of the family beside him. "Because Teray, Nevark has bonded with that child since she was born.. If she was a hybrid, she would become his daughter but if she was anything else she would be his slave.. Like a pet."

Teray looked at Destan and then at Zira, "How do you even know this?" She turned around and looked at Teray. "Because he told me. You are asking too many questions.. I'd like to go see Nevark, stay here." Teray couldn't move an inch of his body and his eyes went dark red while his pupils began to dilate. "What the hell?...", Destan sat there and hung his head in shame, talking in a low voice. "We need to talk...".

Zira opened the door and saw Nevark coddling Lilac, slightly smiling. "You got your wish huh?" Nevark looked at her immediately, getting up and covering Lilac. "Leave.. I don't want you here. You are too powerful.."

He said with a calm but demanding tone. Zira looked over at Lilac and smirked from being able to smell her blood, "You are quite protective over the blood bag. You know you won't be able to protect her all your life." She said with a chuckle at the end. Nevark turned to look at her and his eyes went golden.

"And why do you say that?" He asked her. "You are immortal, Lilac is not. In seventy years she will die of old age and natural causes. While you live and never age." Zira said while turning towards the door to leave. Nevark pondered and glanced at Lilac before walking out of the room.

Zira and Nevark walked downstairs, noticing Teray was on the ground, holding himself. "Teray? You okay?" Said Zira with a faint smile, knowing what happened. Teray looked down and looked up at his father in anger. "You... Had that bitch turn me?! Why?! Why would you put your son through all of that pain!!"

He screamed at Destan while demanding for an answer. Zira looked at Destan and then Teray, walking over towards him. "Bitch? I'm a bitch? The woman who turned you into such a beast. So immortal, so alive. You had to be immortal like Nevark because they needed you to protect Lilac. Your mission. You should be thanking me."

Nevark looked away in shame, knowing his own flesh and blood couldn't be in anymore pain. "Teray.. You can walk in the sunlight because of mother... Mom casted you with a spell of a lifetime.. Where you could walk through the sun without dying." Zira sighed and sat down beside Destan, looking at Teray.

"You can move now, go and do something." Teray got up, walking past the dining table, grabbing one of the knives that were laying on a napkin. Nevark went wide eyed and began to panic, "Teray, Don't!" Teray's knife was inches from Zira's heart as she smiled at him, looking into his eyes. "You can't kill me Teray, I am your master. I created you." Nevark ran over to Teray, pulling him away from her while walking him out.

A few miles from their house, into the woods, Teray and Nevark were sitting in a tree, looking at each other. "Why didn't you tell me.. Nevark?" Teray asked with a quiet and low tone. Nevark looked at him in shame of himself and took a deep breath in, "Well.. You were young and you did have a relationship with Zira.. How could we tell you that the love of your life was actually the reason why you are like this."

Teray sighed and looked at the direction of their home, "I think we should head back.. We have left Lilac at home without protection. Who knows what Zi--" His sentence was cut off by Nevark's phone ringing. Nevark had pulled his phone out of his pocket and was confused. "That's... Odd.." He swiped to answer the phone.