Chapter 15: Surprise Attack

It's been 3 months since the disappearance of Lilac and the Hira family have not been able to trace her location. A young woman was in Zero's office, sitting in the chair in the far left corner. ''Do you really want to go ahead with this mission?'', Zero said with a sarcastic tone as he paced in front of her.

She looked up at him, ''Of course, they deserve to be killed. After what they have done to me!'' She said in an angry voice.

He smiled and walked over to her, gripping her chin lightly, looking into her eyes passionately. ''Do it then. Newborn, be my good.. girl and kill them.'' His eyes glowing red as did hers.

Nevark sighed, slouched in the couch. ''She's never coming back.. Is she?'' He said. Teray looked over at him in worry, ''I'm not sure, we can't lose hope now. It hasn't even been half a year. I have to go to school today, I've had too much time off.'' He said. Nevark nodded slightly, pouting his lips.

Teray put his jacket on and grabbed his car keys off the hook on the wall. ''Are you going to be okay here? You know, on your own?''. Nevark looked over at him, his eyes in a daze. ''Mhm, I should be fine. Go have fun with the humans.''.

Later that afternoon, Loda opened the front door and yelled out, ''Nevark! Come quick! You wouldn't believe who I found in town!''. Nevark rushed downstairs, seeing Loda and a blonde, long haired woman with her. He sniffed the air, his eyes widened. Loda walked in more, the woman with her, turning to face Nevark.

''Hello, Nevark.'' The woman spoke. Nevark could barely get a word out, his body trembling.

''Li-Lilac?'' 

Lilac smiled at him, walking closer to him but as she does, Nevark steps backwards up the stairs. Loda looked at Nevark in confusion, ''What's the matter? Sweetheart, she's real. She's alive. It's alright.''. He gulped and gripped the stairway rail, ''Mom, it's too good to be true. We were looking for her, she disappeared. She's not the same.'' He said in worrisome, staring at them both.

Loda sighed, looking at Lilac. ''Come in, hon. Come have some tea.'' Lilac smiled at her brightly, ''Thank you, Loda.'' She said while walking into the kitchen with Loda following behind her, she looked over at Nevark one last time as they locked eyes.

That night, Teray had come home, walking through the front door. ''What the--'' He walked into the living room and saw all his family surrounding Lilac on the couch. ''When did she...'' He questioned, under his breath. Lilac looked over at him and smiled, with a hot cup of tea in her hand. ''Hello, Teray. I see you came home from school.''

''Yes I did, I see you noticed.'' He replied in shock. Nevark walked over to him from the stairway, ''She came home.. a few hours ago.'' Destan looked at them and sighed, ''You two need to come and talk with me. Loda, could you please keep Lilac company?'' He said looking at Loda. She looked up at him and nodded, ''Of course. Lilac, do you mind?'' Lilac looked at them all, smiling faintly. ''Not at all.'' The boys walked upstairs together.

''It's most likely that she's been brainwashed. It's why she's so happy.'' Destan said to the two pacing brothers. ''What would that arsehole say to her? What exactly is he capable of brainwashing her with?'' Nevark said in anger. Destan paused and sighed, ''Well.. One could be that he has brainwashed her to think that she is a hunter or a killer by nature... His soldier.'' 

Teray looked at him and stopped in his tracks, ''Or?''

''Or, He's brainwashed her into being his mate and told her lies about us to kill us. He's hated this family since-- Nevermind. She needs to be kept away, starved, interrogated.'' Destan said.

''Oh great, so I have to babysit 'cause he's most likely not going to hurt her.'' Teray said in annoyance referring to Nevark. ''Why don't we both just do it? I can ask her questions.'' Nevark responded. Destan looked at them and shook his head, ''God you two are just so annoying. Even as my sons. Look Teray will do the first interrogation and then I will give it a try. Nevark, you will be too unstable to interrogate her and she can use manipulation on you. You're her creator.''