Chapter 13: Part Of The Family Now

Zira smiled, "What? You look shocked. Did you think you killed me?" Nevark looked over at her in confusion, "Correct.. I'm.. Sure I did kill you yes. You went grey and you died."

She chuckled, looking down in the distance remembering. "Yes, that did happen.. You should have been careful when you did kill me, could have done more than just staking me." Lilac walked down the stairs and had on some shorts and one of Nevark's shirts. "Nevark? What's taking so... Long..." Before Lilac could even say the last word, she saw Zira in the kitchen.

"I thought she was dead.." Lilac said with a tone of fear as Zira noticed what Lilac was wearing before Nevark rushed to the stairs to protect Lilac. "Oh my.. You bonded with her for sure now. I can smell it, you did that part, what's next? Are you going to change her?" Nevark's eyes had gone golden in anger, "You need to leave. Go and see Teray, I'm sure he will be more than happy to see you're alive."

He said with a tone of aggression. Zira smirked and waved at them, before leaving.

Lilac looked up at Nevark, "How is she alive?" He looked down at her and gripped her hands. "I don't know, but I will not let you out of my sight if she is back in town. I promise."

He said before kissing her gently on the forehead. "What do you want to do?" He asked her. She looks up at him and looked down at his hands, "I'm always going to be in danger.. Aren't I.." He sighed and kissed her hands. "I won't let you be in danger, I promise you that."

Lilac looked away in disbelief of what he just promised her. "You can't promise me that.. Its going to be my whole life of running and I don't want to! What if.. What if you changed me?" He shook his head and gripped her hands, "No.. No I refuse to change you. No I want you to be a normal girl! I want you to live normally..".

Lilac sighed and looked up at him, "Nevark, please. I can't live knowing I'm always going to be in danger and I don't want you to risk your own life for mine." He looked away not wanting to hear what she was saying, Lilac moved her hand on the back of his neck and looked him in the eyes, "It's okay, it's okay to change me. I want this, I want to be like you."

Nevark looked into her eyes and sighed, "I can't.. I have to ask my family.. You know Teray won't like this!" Lilac put her forehead on his, "I know.. But I don't want to grow old and die knowing you will still be alive." He gripped her close and sighed in frustration.

At the Hira's house, Lilac was sitting on the couch with Nevark. Gerla smiled and looked at Lilac, "I think it would be a good addition to our family. So, as your little sister, I want her to be apart of our family."

Lilac smiled and nodded to her, Loda looked at Nevark, "I know you want her to have a normal life but if this is what she really wants.. I'm not stopping you guys, but if you both choose this, she is your responsibility and your mission to care and protect forever." Destan nodded and took Loda's hand.

"I agree with Loda. I wish you both the very best." Nevark gripped Lilacs hands, "I will never be able to forgive myself for changing you.. What about your future goals?" Lilac sighed, "I know I won't be able to have children.. Or age.. And.. Thats fine. I'm giving that up to be with you."

He sighs and gets up, "I will go.. Talk to Teray." Loda looked up at Nevark and sighed, "Be gentle with your words.. He won't be happy about it." Nevark nodded and walked up the stairs.

After a few moments, Teray rushed downstairs and looked at Lilac. "Why?! Why would you want a life like that?!" Lilac got up and placed her hands on his cheeks, "Hey! It's okay! I am choosing this.. I want it.. I just.. I don't want to be in danger anymore not because of the vampires or the wolves, but because I could age and have an accident or become ill."