Chapter 12: A Second Chance.

Lilac was laying in a hospital bed, attached to an IV Drip. Looking over at the window, seeing as its the next day. She took another glance around the room, blinking her eyes a little more than usual as everything was slightly blurry.

"Hey.. You okay?" A calm and lenient voice from beside her came out of the blue. Lilac looked over to her right and noticed Nevark sitting there beside her, eyes golden as anything. "Yes.. I feel fine, just faint. Where's my aunt?" Lilac spoke quietly and slowly.

Nevark sighed deeply and looked over at the window, "Well.. She came in here earlier, we had to tell her you passed out in the shower from exhaustion." Lilac nodded and yawned slightly, "I see you're still tired. What happened in the shower, Lilac?" Nevark demanded her with a soft-manner. Lilac looked over at him again and pondered, "I.. Don't remember exactly. I just remember feeling like I had wanted to pass out, I tried to get out but my body just.. Gave out."

Nevark sighed and patted her head looking down at her. "Lilac.. Maybe I was too much?" He sighed and his pupils dilated as Lilac giggled, "Stop feeling guilty, you are fine.. Everything felt good Nevark. Nothing was wrong..". Nevark looked at the door, "Teray is outside.. He's in shock."

Lilac looks over at the door, "Send him in? I'm sure he wants to hear the whole story.. Its been ages since we saw him." Nevark looked at her and kissed her forehead, walking out of the room.

"Teray.. She's awake and she wants to see you." Teray looked up at him with a pale face from shock. "Alright, I'll be out when we are finished talking.." He said with a slight sigh, walking inside and seeing Lilac. "Hi." Lilac looked over at him and smiled nervously, "Hi.".

Teray came and sat down beside her while noticing the flowers on the bedside table. "Looks like my mom was here, are you okay?" He asked her softly but worrisome. Lilac looked at the flowers with a smile and then back at him, "I'm fine.. Just tired, you want to ask me questions? Its okay if you do?"

Teray took a deep breath in, "Okay.. Why would you think sleeping with my brother would be okay?" Lilac blushed lightly, "Well, to be truthful.. I just feel very connected and in love with him." Teray started to get annoyed just by hearing her confess that. "He could have killed you, Lilac. He's a hybrid!" He raised his voice with anger and worry. "I know, but everything is fine. I'm fine, Teray." She said softly and looked at him.

After an hour of talking, Teray walked out and looked at Nevark. "You put her in here." He said to him with anger, Nevark looked up at him and sighed.

"It's not like that, I was gentle and I did everything on her say." Teray chuckled in disbelief, "That's funny of you Nevark, you don't ever go by the rules. You know it was dangerous to even do what you did, you're a hybrid which means you're twice as dangerous in bed than any other being." Nevark got up to defend himself but before he could say anything, Teray chuckled in anger. "Don't even try to help yourself, it's just wrong then. A hybrid should only be with a hybrid, not a human girl." He said his final words to Nevark before leaving.

After a few weeks, Yuki was in the forest with Nevark while he was tutoring her. "So, in 1921 the 'Sleeping Sickness' in America had claimed over 1,000 lives alone." Lilac nodded her head and pondered. "Wow.. That's a lot of people. That's almost the entire school."

He laughed and looked at her, kissing her cheek. "Yes well, enough tutoring. We should get you back to your home, your aunt will start asking questions." Lilac blushed lightly and looked up at him, "Nevark.. What's the matter? You haven't touched me really since that night. Is everything alright?"

He looked at her and smiled softly, walking over and kissing her forehead. "Everything is fine, let me take you home please." Lilac got up and put her books in her bag. Taking his hand and walking to his car.

At Lilac's Aunt's house, Nevark walked her to the door. "I'll meet you upstairs." Lilac closed the front door as Shira walked over to her. "Hey, you're back from your date with Nevark." Lilac looked at her and laughed, "Not a date, just tutoring. He was helping me, I'll be in my room."

Shira nodded and walked out of the house. Lilac walked in her room, not seeing Nevark until she closed the door, jumping at the sight of him. "You frightened me." He smiled and placed his hand on her cheek gently. "Sorry, I'll warn you next time.. Maybe." Lilac chuckled and looked up at him, "You're touching me.".

He nodded and kissed her neck softly, gripping her side with his other hand. "I can do more than touch you if you really want me to?" He said with a soft whisper in her ear. Lilac closed her eyes, gripping his shirt. "You know, Teray won't be happy." He looks at her and chuckled. "No he won't because he isn't here."

He said while locking the door. Lilac breathed softly and heavily, "Don't be gentle, I want to feel what you're really like." Nevark smirked and his eyes went red, ripping her shirt off. "Very well. Just tell me when to stop and I will." He picked her up by the back of her thighs as she held onto him. He threw her on the bed before getting on top of her.

The next morning, Lilac woke up and looked over at Nevark, still asleep. She got up and looked around the room and noticed ripped clothes everywhere on the floor. Nevark pulled her back onto the bed, cuddling into her.

"Lilac, rest. It was a long night.. I don't want to put you back in hospital." Lilac looked at him, chuckling. "I'm fine, it was a long night but you didn't hurt me." Nevark smiled and kissed her shoulder. "Let me get you something to eat, breakfast in bed." Lilac smiled softly and sat up, moving her covers up over her chest. "Fine, alright. What about my Aunt?"

She asked him with concern. "Oh, she's out with my mother and father. I don't think she will be back until I'm gone." He laughed and put his jeans back on, walking out and closing the door behind him.

Nevark walked downstairs and began to cook breakfast for Lilac. A woman's scent was near and he looked around, "Whose there? I can smell you." A woman came up behind him and smiled, "Hello, Nevark. Did your bonding session with your child go well?". Nevark went wide eyed and his eyes went golden, " Zira.. " he said with shock and disbelief.