Chapter Six: Monster Mash

Me again! You probably hate these, lol. I don't know who reads them. FIRST OFF I HAVE BEEN LAUGHING SINCE THE LAST UPDATE BC YOU GUYS WILL LITERALLY SHIP ANYTHING. 

I know these more recent chapters have centered around the DeanxRoslyn pairing, but there will be SamxRoslyn in chapters soon to come. Right now, I'm establishing where Dean and Roslyn in particular stand, because obviously they have a LOT to talk about after the whole her-sleeping-with-him thing. No big deal. 

In just a few chapters, I will be doing sort of the same thing with Sam and Roslyn when they finally lay all of their personal issues out on the table, and also when we start to see the sort of connection they have.

There is a REASON for this love triangle that I'm hoping will actually shock people once I have it written ;)

Also, be prepared for Isaac. King of Douchebaggery. 

The Darkest Road
Chapter Six: Monster Mash

"The zombies were having fun
The party had just begun
The guests included Wolfman,
Dracula, and his son
The scene was rockin', all were digging the sounds
Igor on chains, backed by his baying hounds
The coffin-bangers were about to arrive
With their vocal group, 'The Crypt-Kicker Five.'"

Ed went home after we questioned him. As it seemed, talking to people like a normal person without all the twitching and fidgeting was not a strong suit of his.

     "Might as well get a drink." Sam had suggested. 

     We ended up back at the bar where Dean leaned against it, looking at the waitress with her back turned. I was surprised to find that he wasn't even checking her out. It was pretty bizarre to see him out of character like that, but I wasn't necessarily complaining.

     "Can I get a beer back there?" He asked pleasantly.

     The girl turned back around and I saw that Lucy was still working the counter. She blotted her lips on a napkin and rested it on the counter.

     "Agent Young." said Lucy with a smile, "Nice to see you guys again. You off duty?"

     "Oh, definitely." said Sam under his breath. This case was a total bust.

     Both boys leaned up against the bar facing the room and I stood beside them as Lucy went to the back to grab Dean's drink.

     "So, what do you think?" asked Dean, scanning the room of people, "Goth, psycho vampire wannabe, right?"

     "Definitely not our kind of case." Sam gave a nod.

     "Agreed. But who cares?" Dean replied. They both began walking toward a table and I followed. There were a few whistles from men as I walked by, but nothing I couldn't ignore professionally. "Room's paid for, and it's Oktoberfest. Come on, brother. Beer and bar wenches." 

     Dean sat on one side of the table and I sat with Sam on the other. 

     "Pretty sure women today don't react well to the whole 'wench' thing, Dean."

     Dean looked at his brother, as if he had something to prove. "Hey, bar wench, where's that beer?"

     I could hear Lucy's laugh somewhere from behind the bar, "Coming up, good sir!"

     Sam closed his eyes and shook his head, it seemed it was all he could do to keep from rolling his eyes. Dean's expression was gleeful, "Dude, Oktoberfest."