•❀Twenty-Four❀•

A few more people joined the Flower Appreciation club after spring break, well over the course of the start of summer.

Summer returned to us and the club was actively gardening, making the greenhouse and the school courtyard and gardens prettier than ever before. It was so stunning, a photographer came to take pictures and write an article about not only the garden, but the Flapp club, too!

Not that anyone really read newspapers anymore, but it was still a really cool thing to hear. I was beyond proud of my accomplishments at this point. I could honestly say I got way more out of this club than I thought I would.

And even though it took awhile to get more people to join (and just a month before school was out, too), I didn't mind it being the 4 of us for awhile. Not one bit.

Although, I did have a bit of worry in my heart that my happiness would not last much longer...

"Have you all thought about what you wanted to do after school? It's hard to believe we'll all be high school graduates in less than 4 weeks.." I sit down in my seat in the club room. My question immediately sparks a conversation among the now 7 of us.

I can't help but feel sad as I watch their faces light up as they all start to talk, one by one about their hopes and dreams for the future. Architect. Doctor. Veterinarian. All would require schooling for long years, at different schools, probably in complicated locations that would scatter us all over the world.

And after I'd just made friends with them all...

"I'll be taking over my father's company. I won't have to do any schooling for it, but I might consider it later on in life if there's anything to improve." Hinata's eyes always sparkle when he talks. This was nothing new, but I could hear the pride in his voice. His family ran a very successful business together and it was an honor to have it passed down to you to introduce to your future children and their generation.

"I'm going to get into the perfume business and start making my own. It's funny, a year ago I wanted to become a professional tennis player. It seems like such a long time ago." Sumire smiles her famous kilowatt smile. The one that made her look like a glowing angel. Hinata watches her lovingly, entranced by her.

"I never really told anyone before, but I've always wanted to have a modeling career. It's kind of been my aspiration since I was a kid. I'm still getting my parents to come around to it, but they're pretty open minded people. Plus, I'm rather charming, I think I can convince them." Ren tells our small group.

This immediately sparks another conversation, and I watch him, my heart swelling in my chest. He'd never told me about his dreams before! I couldn't be angry with him because I never asked. Instead, I just watch proudly as he lights up explaining how he'd become so attracted to the world of stardom and fashion.

Oh, Ren. My beautiful lotus. This gorgeous, incredibly sculpted man had my heart. Sometimes I couldn't believe he'd loved me first. People chartered excitedly about him wherever we went. He turned heads when we were in public. I had begun to feel out of place at his side, like I wasn't glamorous enough. I had no doubt he'd make it big as a model, and that would take him to incredible places, faraway places...

Out of my reach.

Was it too negative to think of that now? Was I just being scared that I would drift away from the people who had just entered my life, only to be torn in different directions by their own decided fates and destinies? Was it wrong to be so sad that they had such great potential that would lead them to do such great things, things that took them farther and farther away from my own place in life?

Why did starting a new chapter in our lives have to be such a good and bad thing at the same time?

That makes me so sad...