Chapter 4

*Luke's POV*

"Luke! Get out of bed!" I heard my brother, Jack, call from the other side of my room door. "Your girlfriend is here! She's waiting in the living room!" I groaned in response, telling my brother to give me a few more minutes. When I heard his footsteps fade I was back to sleeping.

I ignored the sound of my door opening and I just continued to snore. Then I felt a hand brush through my hair and I sighed at the feeling.

"Good morning, Lukey," someone giggled. I peeked open my eye and looked into the eyes of my girlfriend, Pamela.

"Mornin', Pam," I smiled. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and I sat up in my bed. "How are you on this beautiful morning?"

"I've never been better, but it looks like you need to go freshen up."

"No kidding, I just woke up, thanks to you." She giggled before moving herself over to my office chair. "You know, you should just come by in the afternoon. You know better than anyone else that I need my hours of sleep."

"It's not my fault you picked to work very late at night."

"I didn't. My boss assigned it to me."

Pamela just rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Just go freshen up. I'm going to treat you to ice cream."

"Yum. I love a good ice cream on a cone." I pulled the blanket off of me and began making my way to the bathroom to clean up. I did my business, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and fixed my hair into my usual quiff.

I gave myself one last look in the mirror before I decided that I looked quite presentable. Then I headed back to my room.

Pamela had my phone in her hand and I froze in place.

"What are you doing with my phone?" I asked.

She held it up to show me. "Someone named Calum texted you. Who is Calum?" she began as she stood up from the chair and walked over to me. I began backing up, holding my hands up in defense.

"Chill, Pam, he's a friend of mine and another employee at the place I work at. He works the afternoon shift, and we usually hang out in the mornings." Well, it wasn't a lie. He and I met on the day I was starting my job at 7-Eleven. He was already an employee there, and he was supposed to show me a few ropes of working at a convenience store.

We ended up messing around and our boss caught us. Instead of firing us he made my shift the one late at night. I didn't mind, because I'm more a night person than a morning person, so it was perfect for me. Besides, I never went to bed until four in the morning, even when I was still in school.

I've been working the night shift for an entire month, and my family members still haven't figured out that they needed to let me sleep in due to my work schedule. Seriously, they were the ones who wanted me to get a job, and they wake me up at eight in the morning. Once I'm awake I can never go back to sleep.

But today is going to be an exception, because the reason for my waking is Pamela, and I love her.

"Oh. Well, in that case, why not invite him with us?" Pamela began to smile again, and it made me relax. Her smile is so beautiful. That's what I love most about her. It's how I fell in love with her. I don't think I've ever met someone with a more beautiful smile.

"Sure, we'll invite him." I grabbed my wallet from my computer desk and lent Pamela my elbow and she gladly accepted it, hooking her arm through mine. Then we left my room and began walking out of the house.

------

By the time Pamela and I reached Baskin Robbins I went to grab a table for the both of us and Calum for when he comes by. Pamela offered to order ice cream for me and I handed her a twenty dollar bill. I watched as she walked off, smiling to myself.

I began to think of how I first asked her out. I've had a crush on her since the beginning of the school year. She was considered very popular among the guys and I didn't think I would ever get a chance to be with her, because she rejected every guy who asked her out.

It took a couple of months, but I finally gathered enough courage to ask Pamela out, and she surprisingly said yes. She admitted to crushing on me as well and had been waiting for me to make a move.

That day, when she and I became official, was the best day of my life.

I sure am lucky to have won the heart of Pamela Knight.

I pulled out my phone and began to dial Calum. After a couple of rings he finally answered.

"Hey, Luke!" he greeted. "Where are you?"

"I'm at Baskin Robbins nearby my place," I answered. "Swing by?"

"Yeah, I'll be over."

"Oh, and just letting you know, Pam's with me."

"Your girlfriend? I finally get to meet her! Took you long enough for you to introduce the two of us." I just laughed and shook my head. "I'll be over in ten."

"Okay, later."

"Later." Then I hung up the phone and began I went on Twitter. I scrolled through my newsfeed and found something that caught my eye.

Apparently Tiffany's was robbed last night around midnight. I let out a sigh. Every single night there's always a place that's robbed and the thief hasn't been caught yet. When will they ever catch the criminal? Seriously, we need better people.

I wonder if it's the same person. Well, whoever is behind all of this I hope they end up in jail very soon.

Honestly, why are there people like that in the world? If everyone could just be morally good, then this world would be a better place.

Pamela came back with a cup of chocolate ice cream for herself and a cone of cookies and cream ice cream for myself.

Aw, she knows me so well.

"Thanks, babe," I said, standing up so I could wrap an arm around her and give her a kiss on the temple. "Cal really wants to meet you, by the way."

"Oh, so I assume you talk about me around him?" she asked amused, raising an eyebrow. I shrugged sheepishly, because maybe I talk about her a little bit too much since the day I met her.

"Perhaps..." I gave her a toothy smile and she just chuckled before pecking my cheek.

"I think that's really cute." Pamela took a seat across from me and we began eating our ice cream.

Probably a few minutes later Calum walked into the place, searching around for us. When his eyes landed on us he walked over and smiled.

"Hey, Luke," Calum said, holding up his fist for me to bump. I returned it and then Calum looked over at Pamela. "Is this the lovely Pamela Knight you were talking about?"

"The one and only," I smiled, blushing a bit.

"Charmed to meet you, young miss." Calum took Pamela's hand and planted a kiss on it. She giggled a bit before retracting her hand.

"Aren't you a sweet one," she smiled. Calum smiled back and then took a seat on my side, leaning back into his chair.

"So, what do we do now? Just chill and eat ice cream?"

"Why not?" I said, shrugging. "Go get your ice cream."

"Mint chip, here I come." Calum stood up and made his way over to the ice cream selections.

"He's nice," Pamela commented, smiling, "and he's cute."

"Hey, I'm not allowing you to flirt with him," I frowned. "He's my best friend and you're my girlfriend."

"I was just saying he's cute. I wouldn't leave you for anyone, Luke." I gave her a half grin, because I felt the same way.

There's no one in the world that could replace Pamela.