Chapter 34

Dedication: pin_head_LARRY [for making the 7-Eleven cover on the top or side]

*Ashton's POV*

When I woke up, the sun was shining high in the sky and Luke wasn't next to me. I don't know if he told me if he was leaving or anything. He probably did, so I wasn't mad or upset at all. Besides, he's probably got some other things to do today.

I stood up, noticing that I was still in my boxer shorts. Luke and I didn't really do anything other than just kiss and touch and- Oh, God, the memory is making me blush so badly.

A smile formed on my lips as I left to the bathroom to take a shower. I really needed one, because I hadn't showered yet... plus, my front side isn't quite the cleanest, thanks to a certain blond boy who works at 7-Eleven.

Once I finished my shower about ten to fifteen minutes later, I walked out of the bathroom with a towel around my waist and went over to where my clean clothes were. I selected a white sleeveless shirt and a pair of jeans, throwing those clothes on.

In the middle of pulling my shirt over my head, I heard a knock at the door and I went over to see who was at the door after I finished putting my shirt on completely. I was assuming it was Cynthia or Leonard on the other side, needing to collect the rent of the month.

Speaking of rent, I couldn't believe Luke just gave me his money. I mean, if it wasn't Luke who gave it to me I would gladly accept and move on, but... this is Luke that I'm talking about here. I couldn't bring myself to steal when it came to him, and that hardly ever happens, because I do like to steal whatever I can get my hands on.

I swung the door open, expecting to see my landlord or his daughter, but instead someone else was before me.

In front of me stood Chief Sterling.

I blinked up at the FBI guy before me, my eyes going slightly large. At the moment, I was terrified out of my mind, but I had to keep my cool or else I might give myself away too soon.

"Um, can I help you?" I asked as calmly as I could, forcing a smile on my face.

"Ashton Irwin?" he asked.

Fuck.

Act cool, Ashton. Act cool!

I laughed, hopefully not nervously. "Excuse me?"

He repeated, "Ashton Irwin?"

"No, sorry. You got the wrong person." I began to close the door, but Sterling just pushed it wide open and revealed two other FBI agents with him.

"We have a warrant to search this building for Ashton Irwin," he said, "and that includes your apartment." He turned to look at the two men behind him. One of the men was holding up a piece of paper that had in large, bold letters the words "Search Warrant" while the other man had a portfolio in his possession.

The one with the beige colored folder opened the file up and pulled out what looked like a picture and my heart started pounding when I saw it was a picture of me.

"Sir, I really think this guy's him," spoke one of the FBI agents to Chief Sterling.

I scoffed. "Let me see that." I snatched the picture from the guy and looked at it. I recognized this picture. It was taken when I was sixteen when I was getting a passport with my family. Of course, my hair was straighter back then and my face looked much younger than it does now. But the similarity between sixteen-year-old me and twenty-year-old me was still the same.

"Wow!" I gasped, pretending to be surprised. "This guy really does look like me! The resemblance is uncanny!" I dropped my arms to my side, looking up at the FBI agents with an innocent smile while I casually folded the picture of me and stuffed it into my back pocket. "But I can assure you, I'm not the one that you are looking for."