Chapter 15

*Luke's POV*

"Want to play some Super Smash Bros. Brawl?" Calum asked, but I didn't turn to him. My eyes were too concentrated on the clock, waiting for the time to reach ten forty-five, because fifteen minutes is how long it'll approximately take me and Calum to get to work.

It's only hit eight and I've got two hours and forty-five minutes to spare. I really need to do something to pass the time.

I felt something hit the side of my face and I saw that it was a rolled up sock. I finally glanced over at Calum who was still waiting for my answer and missing one sock, his eyes concentrated on me.

"Sure," I sighed, standing from where I was seated on his couch. Calum already had the game console set up and was sitting on the ground in front of the TV. I sat beside him as he handed me a Wii control.

"Ready for me to beat you?" Calum asked, his eyes showing determination. I laughed because he's getting serious over a game.

"Whatever," I laughed, rolling my eyes. I should at least enjoy playing this. You know what they say: time flies when you're having fun.

------

"Aye! I totally dodged that!" I yelled when my character, Pikachu, flew off the screen and my number of lives went down.

"Apparently not, since you died," Calum cackled, pressing the button to make his character, Ike, taunt.

"Okay, now you're dead." I used Pikachu to grab Ike and flip him backwards. While Ike was down Pikachu ran right at him and used thundershock, causing Ike to fly off the screen.

"Woah, what just happened?!" Calum asked as I laughed at his reaction.

"Revenge is sweet, isn't it?" I smirked and glanced at the clock and saw it was nine thirty. We've been playing this game for an hour and thirty minutes, but it felt like it was only ten minutes.

I sill had a lot of time before Calum and I would head out to work and when I'll meet Irvin again. For the past month that I've been working at 7-Eleven Irvin's the only customer that I wanted to be friends with. I mean, he's only been coming to the place for a week, but he's already got me wanting to be friends with him.

I want to learn more about him. I want to know everything about him.

Okay, I sound really desperate, but I only have Calum and Pamela. All my other friends from high school haven't talked to me since graduation. "Let's keep in touch," they said, and then they don't even make an effort to text or call.

"You're still waiting, huh?" I heard Calum ask. I glanced his way and he had his eyebrows raised at me. I cocked a brow.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, even though I knew what he meant.

"Dude, just have fun right now, okay? The more you look at the clock, the slower the time will seem."

I was about to say something before my phone began to ring. I fished it out of my pocket and answered without looking at who was calling.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hey, did you buy the Poptarts yet?" Oh, it's just Ben.

"Yeah, I got them. I'll bring them home after work, okay?"

"But you don't get back until three something in the morning. Could you please bring it now? Where are you, anyway?"

"At my friend's."

"When does work start?"

"Eleven."

"You've got plenty of time. Just bring them home and then you can go back to doing whatever Lukes do." I pulled my phone away from my ear and glanced over at Calum.