Chapter 19

*Ashton's POV*

My eyes widened slightly at the guy. He called me Ashton? How in the world does he know my name? No, I can't tell him the truth. I can't trust someone I just met so easily, especially someone who tackled me to the ground for picking up a damn lighter.

"Excuse me?" I started, trying not to make my nervousness evident to him. "I think you've got the wrong guy."

"Perhaps," he said, "but you just really look like this guy I knew back in high school."

"I can assure you, I'm not this Aster person you speak of."

"His name's Ashton."

"Whatever. That isn't my name. Sorry, but you've got the wrong guy." Then I started walking away, not giving him a glance back. I was thankful that he didn't go after me, because if he were to keep insisting that I was who I really was, then I wouldn't know what would happen.

Once I got back to my apartment building I saw Cynthia still sitting at the front desk and back on her phone. I walked up to her and snatched her phone from her hands.

"Hey! Give it back!" she exclaimed, reaching for her precious little device. I stalked off from the desk, looking at the little bright screen.

"Celebrity News," I read. "International popstar, Justin Bieber, was found, coming out of a bar and completely intoxicated from alcohol at nine in the evening, Eastern Standard Time." I felt the phone being pulled out of my hold as Cynthia huffed and went back to going behind the desk. "Jeez, can't the paparazzi find something else more interesting than stalking celebrities twenty-four seven? Why can't they focus on world hunger?"

"Because people would rather read about someone else's life than read about something that actually matters," Cynthia answered. She groaned and set her phone down. "My stupid friend sent me the article, I swear. She told me, it was something golden. Finding a celebrity drunk is anything but golden. I'd rather read about the weather forecast."

"But that's so boring."

"Exactly."

I laughed at her sense of humor. She was really a cool person. Maybe I should be nice to her for once.

"You wanna smoke with me?" I asked her. Cynthia's eyes widened and she frantically shook her head.

"I-I don't smoke, Irvin," she answered. I frowned, but then I just shrugged it off.

"Alright. More cigarettes for me. I'll be back. I need to get my pack from my apartment." I hurried off to the stairs, skipping every other step on my way up. By the time I got to my dorm I went inside and searched for my pack of cigarettes. I found them by the couch and I walked over to them, but on my way over my foot hit against something and nearly caused me to trip. I looked down at what almost made me fall.

"Oh, right. Fitzy's screwdriver," I said to myself when my eyes landed on the box. I sat on the ground with my legs crossed and started digging through the box for the screwdriver.

Once I found it I put that in my backpack, grabbed the cigarette box off of the couch, and started heading out.

I got down to the lobby and saw that Cynthia was gone and her dad was now in her place. I walked up to Leonard and slapped my cigarette box on the counter so I could give him back his screwdriver.

"Irvin, there's no smoking in the building," Leonard scolded, but I shook my head.

"I know. I'm going outside. I just need to return your screwdriver," I explained, pulling out the said item  along with my lighter and handing Leonard back his screwdriver. Without waiting for a response from him I took my cigarettes and started heading out.

I stood by the entrance to the building and started opening up the box to take out a cigarette stick. Once I lit it up I stuffed the lighter into my pocket and brought the cigarette up to my lips.

Someone bumped into me and the cigarette fell from my hold and onto the ground. I was about ready to snap at the person for ruining a perfectly good cigarette, so I looked up at whoever it was and glared at them.

"What the fuck was that?!" I shouted, but then my anger faded when I recognized who it was.

"S-Sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going," she replied, running her fingers through her hair and hurrying off.

If I remember correctly, I believe this girl is Luke's girlfriend. I don't think I ever caught her name, but it's not like I wanted it.

Other than that, I couldn't help but wonder... what in the world is she doing out so late?

I'm in no position to ask her though. Besides, it's probably something unimportant anyway.

But really? Of all the things she could've run into at this time of night, why did it have to me? And while I was trying to have a good smoke, too.

------

After going through a cigarette or two or more, I decided that I've had enough for the night. I was growing really tired, so I started heading back into the building. I let out a yawn and told Leonard to have a good evening and then I started going upstairs.

Once I was back in my apartment I tossed my backpack over onto the couch and pushed the cardboard box that was still chilling in the middle of the room under the coffee table. I went over to the kitchen and opened up the refrigerator, seeing the gallon of milk.

"... Fuck. No cups," I groaned. "Oh well. Not a problem for me." I pulled out the milk and placed it on the counter. I even took out the other gallon of milk that probably only had a few drops of milk left in it. I uncapped the almost empty bottle and searched around for the box of Nesquik. When I found it I went over to it and pulled out a Nesquik container and I smiled at it.

"Hello, beautiful," I said to it as I opened the container up. I went to a drawer that had all my silverware and pulled out a spoon. I scooped four spoonfuls of Nesquik powder and dumped them into the nearly empty gallon, some of the chocolate powder falling onto the counter. I wiped my hand across the countertop to clear it of the powdery mess before I took both of the gallons of milk and carried them to the sink, just in case I might spill milk all over the place. I poured milk into the empty bottle and watched as it started turning brown.

"It's a chocolate milk party." I smiled as I set the bottle with the regular milk down and began mixing the powder and milk in the other bottle. Once I was satisfied with mixing I brought the rim of the cup to my mouth and began chugging down the chocolate milk.

In one go I finished the drink and I let out a satisfied sigh and wiped my face with the back of my hand. I put the empty bottle in the sink and then the other bottle back into the refrigerator after I capped it. I closed the Nesquik container and left it on the counter. I went back over to the couch, picked up my backpack, made sure all of the lights were off, and then started heading back to my room.

I stripped off my Captain America shirt and tossed it at a wall and I took a seat on the mattress, setting my backpack beside me and turning on my lamp. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened up the note app, erasing milk from the 'free' list. My eyes looked over at the battery percentage and I frowned when it was at twenty-two percent.

I had a charger by my bed, so I plugged my phone into that and watched as the lightning bolt symbol showed up. I pushed my backpack on the ground and put my phone right on top of it.

Another yawn escaped me and I lied down on my bed. I was too tired to go shower and get ready for bed, but I didn't care at the moment; I just wanted to sleep. Showering can wait until the morning comes.