||19|| All These Years

Not revised. 

"Good, Y/n! Just one more take and you're good to go" I heard the producer speak through the headphone.

The beat started and I waited for my time to sing.

Can I love you?
Would it be alright?
Can I wait here
When you say goodbye?
Cause I've been hurt
Oh can I try to just believe
You'll never let me go?

Taking a deep breath, I prepared for the next part.

Cause I'm so through with all the pain
And the lonliness it brings
Cause every time it's all the same
And I'm ready to give in

So can I love you?
Would it be alright?
Can I wait here
When you say goodbye?
Cause I've been hurt
Oh can I try
To just believe
You'll never let me go?

The beat stopped, and I took the headphones off. With a sigh I exited the booth and heard the producer clapping.

"That was amazing, Y/n. Now we just have to add some more harmonizing and edit it. This should be ready in two days then it's up to you when to release the song" he explained to me as I kept nodding.

"Thanks, man. I'm free to go home now, right?" he nodded and I waved bye before taking my things and leaving the room.

You must be wondering what the fuck is going on. Well let me sum it up as I make my way back to my apartment.

The year now is 2018 and a lot has happened during these 3 years. For starters, during the Reflection Tour, Camila and I got back together right on her birthday. Eventually, around 2016, we moved in together in my apartment in Miami. Of course, as any couple would have, we had some rough times that year, like everyone shipping her and Shawn, all the hate she was getting and of course by the end of the year when she left the group. I went together with her, but didn't stop contacting the girls, but we didn't talk as much anymore. We were going pretty strong together through the first semester of 2017, but things changed and so did she.

As she changed her album's plans, she started getting more busy with recording, photoshoots, interviews and touring. By the time I realized all the changes, it was quite too late. Our relationship started to weaken and we were growing apart. I tried to keep us together but it was for nothing, Camila had decided that we weren't working anymore and broke us up around October. And let me tell you, I'm not okay till this day.

Thankfully, throughout these years I have also worked on more projects so I had something to distract myself from the break up. I started working more on my covers and music, just as much with my photography projects. I started traveling a lot to Brazil for work too, since I was a media maker there. However, about two months ago, I shoot some photos for Brendon Urie and he insisted on getting to know me. We got close and now he's helping me produce some music.

My sister, Alex, is now 20. She got herself in Columbia University to major in Computer Science. Luckily for her, her girlfriend is enrolled in NYU. So now they are living together in New York. Ayumi and Bebel broke up but are still friends. Emily and Camila (my friend) moved out of the apartment they shared in Miami, now they are living separately in New Jersey. Since everyone moved to New York and its surroundings, I rented my apartment in Miami and moved to a good apartment in East Village. When I come to LA, I usually stay at an Airbnb.

I stopped at a red light and noticed a certain song playing on the radio. Havana. I swear that this is the third time I heard this on the radio just today. I quickly changed into my playlist from my phone and another tune started playing soothing me.

From what I've heard, Camila is already dating someone new. Some British guy, that's way older and has a questionable job. I'm not going to say it didn't hurt, because it hurts like hell.

I arrived at my temporary apartment and got out of the car ready to fall asleep.

Once I was inside the apartment, I launched myself on my couch and laid there tiredly. But my resting time was cut short by my phone ringing in my back pocket. Groaning mentally I picked the call up without seeing who it was.

"Y/l/n talking" I mumbled out.

"Hey Y/n/n, how would you like to come with the band to England for some festivals?" I heard Brendon's voice through the phone.

"Sure, man. You know I'd help with whatever you need. You're helping me so damn much" I said still laying but with a clearer voice.

"You deserve to be known for your talent. Just helping you to get there. By the way, we are going on tour and will need some help around an-"

"If you're asking me to go on tour, then yes, I'll go with you, Urie" I said with a small smile. He let out a loud cheer and thanked me.

"This tour is going to rock! And you can record your songs too, you'd be on the bus with me and the others. The back room is a small recording studio!" I smiled at his excitement.

"What would I have to work on?" I asked sitting up.

"You can choose actually. You can either be our assistant or photographer. But I would also like you to be a substitute player if someone in the band can't play" he explained.

"I could do a little bit of everything. But, if I were to play some nights, who would photograph the show?" I asked.

"If you agreed to be photographer, we would have two photographers, so don't worry" he explained again. I nodded mentally, and we talked for a bit more before he had to leave.

I sighed contently and rested against the couch already thinking about the tour and the festivals.

I guess I'm on a new chapter, right?

No more Camila. New friends. New opportunities and projects. Producing music. Going on tour with my favorite band in the world.

Everything is changing, hopefully in a good way and I can't wait to move on and start this new adventure.

I just wish I could enjoy all of this without letting my negativities get to me. I have all these new exciting things, yet I still feel like shit, but I guess this is just life.

A/n: Hey guys, it's been a while, huh? 

This chapter is short, but I didn't really knew what to right more, but now at least I settled the story near the actual time we are in. I don't know when I'll be able to update again, because classes are starting next monday, but I'll try to right more, but it won't be big chapters, but I'll try to at least up the quality I guess.